Masterwork Sickle

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Libri, Oct 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Libri

Libri Member

Can someone fix the masterwork sickle bug? I like druids, and have this thing from 1st ed where I think their proper edged weapon is a sickle. But everytime I play the game in the last, oh, year, I forget that it's bugged. Buy the damn thing from the smith, get the silver T icon, and I'm stuck with a whacked game. Very annoying.

2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

well I just had a look - the sickle is in the description.mes but not in the protos (well mine anyway and I havn't touched it at all). wait 5 min and I'll have a look at some other files...

...ok there doesn't seem to be a model for the sickle. I don't know how it can be fixed cos it doesn't look like it even excists.

is there a normal sickle?

3. Libri

Libri Member

There's a listing for one (item 4236, the masterwork work is 4237) but it's bugged also.

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

thats what I was talking about - its in the description.mes but not in the protos, there are also no models for the sickle either unless they've got really wierd names.

in conclusion the sickle only excists in the description.mes and nowhere else in the game sorry to say (as far as I can figure out) just like heavy dan and his kama he had to improvise.

5. Libri

Libri Member

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yes it does: but still no model alas :(

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I was trying to think of a way to use a the model for somthing else as a sickel but I couldn't think what (any ideas). btw I didn't even notice your tone - just sounded like me when I'm pissed off.

8. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

You shouldn't have been able to buy sickles from the smith in the first place. Who added that option to his dialog file? Or did you use the console to get it?

9. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I did, Morpheus, check the protos for an older game version - try the livonya toffee one I did.

10. Cloudsprinter

Cloudsprinter Member

My bad memory recalls that someone was going to use a short sword graphic as the sickle and a small file may have existed once. Because, as you say, someone put it in for some reason a while back.

But then you'd just have a shortsword that says it's a sickle! You may as well get Weapon focus Short sword / rapier (Threat range??) and rename it sickle by way of crafting:cry:

I cannot remember if the Masterwork Cutlass is available from the merchants. But it can be consoled in. maybe rename that untill someone with a Party of Pirates objects:sadblinky

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If its already in there, then simply giving it the cutlass model is easy enough, and you can adjust the size to suit too.

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I can't remember if you can turn models around and I'm not in a place to check, but it you could hold a masterwork scimitar backwards and shrink it that could work as a sickle, does anyone else have any ideas for potential models for the sickle?

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Re-added the sickle and masterwork sickle into the protos (as well as a whole bunch of other stuff) check out the change log in the "of damagon and allyx" thread.

14. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I for one am glad to see you back, Al.

Our Host!