Notification about removal of ToEE Mod Studio 2004

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Oct 2, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I wanted to officially inform everyone that my modding team, after thorough discussion, has decided to remove the old abandoned project, called ToEE Mod Studio 2004, from the Circle of Eight community forums altogether.

For those who are new and don't know, ToEE Mod Studio is an old, obsolete project that was my first attempt at making a comprehensive ToEE editor. It failed in most respects, and was discontinued, being soon replaced by a much more powerful and stable editor that is available today (ToEE World Builder). Since ToEE World Builder easily surpasses the old ToEE Mod Studio in all possible and even impossible ways, there is no reason to confuse newcomers who search the forums and sometimes still find the old tool, and sometimes even try to use it (even though there is a notification there that the tool is obsolete and discontinued).

Nevertheless, despite the fact that the old project was a failure, ToEE Mod Studio 2004 was still available for download until today (although no one really accessed it for many many months, besides a few newcomers who probably just searched the forums and occasionally found it).

Anyway, my team and I have decided that ToEE Mod Studio does not have any practical value today (its only value is historical, for our own internal "record", sort of), and that's why we decided to take it down altogether. ToEE Mod Studio (ToEEMS) and its source code will no longer be available for download from the Circle of Eight community forums.

I hope you understand and accept this decision (in the end, ToEEMS was a failed project, and there is no reason to go back to it or even attempt to change its source code to fix the bugs since ToEEWB is already there :D)

- Agetian

Last edited: Oct 2, 2005
  2. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Fair enough, no point in keeping outdated stuff around

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Good call! I was wondering why it was still around.

Our Host!