Trymedia Version? Help!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by voodoo8476, Aug 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. voodoo8476

voodoo8476 Member

:anger:
    I just downloaded and paid $33 for the trymedia downloadable version.
    And know find that the Patch 1 and 2 will not run on this version. In fact Atari website has this disclaimer "Note: This patch will NOT work properly for those users who are running the downloadable TryMedia version of the game in Windows 98. There will be a forthcoming patch available for these users in the future." I am not using W98 but instead XP. But when I run the downloaded patch executible it cant find ToEE? Can anyone tell me directory where the patch is looking? Or is there a game screen / file that will tell me the current version I am running? Sorry to ask here, but Trymedia seems to not want to respond, I assume because they have a 48hr money back gaurantee and will not answer me until that time has expired. (they are lame!).
    Anywho, anyone have experiance using this downloaded version? or help with the specific questions I posted?
    Kindest Regards

2. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

Your version might be "pre-patched" can you see a file "temple.dll" in your game folder?

3. voodoo8476

voodoo8476 Member

ooh yes there is! Can they really have done that for me already?

4. Borsook

Borsook Established Member

So, it's patched. The question is whether to patch 2 or 3 (you don't wanna 3, but I don't know how to tell them apart as it's been ages since I've installed patch 3...) Normally you reaply patch 2 just to be sure, but since you can't... just install mods/fixes, it's highly probable everything will be all right.

BTW don't wanna be a spoil sport but you can find the box version in stores for much less then $33... But no use crying over spilled water elemental.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  5. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Somewhere in one of the recent threads there is a post by Drifter about how to apply patch 2 to direct to drive versions of ToEE. Try searching for direct to drive, or just look through all the posts by Drifter. It has to have been in the last week or two, and he doesn't post too terribly often.

Our Host!