A good dialog editor

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Agetian, Jul 22, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Heya everyone,

I just wanted to point out a pretty good dialog editor that was originally written for Arcanum but which is pretty well compatible with ToEE. You may have to know what's impossible in ToEE dialogs though (which may be possible in Arcanum dialogs). Also, you may have to load some of the original ToEE dialogs to get a good grip on it.
    The link:

http://arcanum.alkar.net/game/edit/files/diarea.zip

Note that it's originally in Russian, so you'll have to switch it to English. To do so (in case it starts in Russian), go to the fifth element in the top menu (first will be "File", second will be "Descriptions", third will be "Edit", etc. -- fifth is the one you want), then choose the only menu item that has an ARROW in it (a subselection), and choose the topmost option from the subselection.
    I hope you enjoy it.

By the way, you can configure ToEEWB to use the above-mentioned editor to open dialogs.

BTW, what do you guys use to edit dialogs besides a text editor?
    Any other good editors around? That's one thing that we still lack - a good dialog editor that was originally written for ToEE. I would have written such a thing myself, but unfortunately I'm too concentrated on map editing issues to create a dialog editor atm.

- Agetian

Last edited: Jul 22, 2005
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I write in Notepad, then check it in Proto Ed (which puts things in columns and pretty quickly shows up any catastrophic errors like missing brackets)

Our Host!