[Obsolete] ToEE Front-End v4.01

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Agetian, Apr 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

WARNING: This program is now obsolete! It's no longer supported by the Circle of Eight, including the author of the program, because a brand new, more stable and more powerful front-end has been released, called Front-End X. This obsolete version will only be available for a rather short period of time and is scheduled for removal.

Temple of Elemental Evil Front-End (TOEEFE)
    A game launcher supporting lots of options

This program allows you to start the game with different common parameters, use moebius2778's level uncapper, dulcaoin's PC Count patcher, Drifter's and Spellslinger's patches, and a lot more.

The ToEEFE allows to install and use different modules on a single ToEE installation, which allows you, for example, to start original ToEE v2.0 and Livonya's Mod as separate modules with just one click. Other than that, Simple and Professional editions are functionally identical. Due to the fact that ToEEFE is a rather complicated technology, there is a risk of corrupting your ToEE installation in case you handle the program incorrectly. PLEASE READ THE MANUAL. Also please note that if you use TOEEFE v4.xx, it's not recommended that you launch the game without the front-end (especially in case you switched to a module other than the defaut ToEE)!

Please note that the example given in TOEEFE Pro v4.xx manual (installing Livonya's Mod) is based on an existing modification which was not intended to be used in the multi-module mode originally (since it was released before TOEEFE 4.xx). Therefore, if you encounter any problems with Livonya's Mod installed in multi-module mode (provided that you installed it correctly), please let me know.

NOTE: You need Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 or higher to use this program.
    NOTE: You need Temple of Elemental Evil version 2.0 or higher to use this program correctly. The program should be compatible with all custom mods available today.

DISCLAIMER: I don't take any responsibility for any damage this program may do to you, to your ToEE installation, or to your computer. It has been extensively used by the dev team on three different PCs, and caused no problems. If it causes serious problems for you, sorry. Please report it as a bug in this thread. The more detail you provide while reporting bugs, the faster I'll be able to fix them.

-------------------
    UPDATE (24 JAN 2007): Uploaded ToEEFE 4.00 and removed the old obsolete version 3.00. The new version removes old .pyc files when cleaning cache, includes the new Spellslinger's fix to Humble NPCs, and has some more modifications and improvements that are mainly related to .NET 2.0. The new version requires .NET Framework v2.0. If you're strictly against installing .NET Framework v2.0 for any reason, I'll still keep the old version 3.80 for you. However, all further versions will require .NET Framework v2.0 (you've been warned).

UPDATE (21 AUG 2007): Uploaded ToEEFE 4.01 and removed the old obsolete version 3.80. Now, the only distribution available is the very latest version (v4.01). Yes, it requires .NET Framework v2.0, but it's well worth it to download and install .NET 2.0 and use the latest version because previous editions (3.xx series included) had certain problems. The new version includes some code tweaks.
    -------------------

Download ToEE Front-End v4.01 Here (OBSOLETE, DOWNLOAD LINK REMOVED!)

- Agetian

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

3. Agetian

Yep, exactly. You need this package to run my front-end, but it will do you only good if you install the above-mentioned package since a lot of stuff today needs .NET (including all the tools that I make :)))

- Agetian

4. Agetian

So, any bugs or problems with this thing for now? Or maybe someone has suggestions on what features to add?

Feel free to let me know!

P.S. Personally I haven't encountered any problems with the Frontend yet.

- Agetian

5. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

No problems using the Front End with Livonya's mod, then? I've been doing a lot of catching up on these forums over the last couple of days in preparation for reinstalling ToEE again. I don't want to shoot myself in the foot if I can help it! ;)

6. Agetian

No, you shouldn't encounter any problems with Livonya's mod. I specifically tested this front-end with Livonya's mod and had no problems with it.

- Agetian

7. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

It's working fine for me so far, very convenient.

8. ldonyo

ldonyo Member

Thanks, guys! :D I'll give ToEE a whirl this afternoon, after I get back from having to go shopping with the Mrs. :(

9. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Thanks for this Agetian (only just tried it today). Seems to work fine and it looks like you and Dulcaoin have made a tool which could really help out with adding mods. Thank you both :)

Just a daft question - unless I set it otherwise, will the default max. level remain at 10? And what is the max. max. level?

10. Agetian

@ Zebedee: if you use the original patch 2.0 DLL the level cap should be set at 10. From what I remember, moebius's fixed DLL has the cap disabled by default, but you can re-enable it by checking the appropriate checkbox and setting the level cap you want.

I may be wrong, though, but I think that's how it works.
    I'm glad that you liked the tool!

- Agetian

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  11. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

bump, I think this program works great, and would like to suggest that it be stickied.

12. Agetian

Stickied as suggested. Thanks for kind comments, it's great that you enjoyed the program.

- Agetian

13. Altazar

Altazar Member

Re: ToEE Front-End v1.0

Agetian, this was mucsic to my ears. :headfones
    I expected this to have plenty of conflicts so I could bash you. :punch:
    But, it works just great, so - congrats! :hug:

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I just love the front-end, just a couple of suggestions - could you add some buttons to link drifters various patches to it? And maybe a way to show which of drifters patches (or which parts of the new hp patch) are being used? Also sending a shortcut to the desktop (with the same icon as the .exe) when installing would be sweet.

Also if you could get it to delete all the map cache files, each time you load the game, they seem to intefere with old save games - causing ctd's.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  15. Agetian

Updated the front-end to v2.0. Added support for Drifter's Max HP patch (credit goes to him for this work).

Note to Drifter: if you have any objection against your patch being incorporated into ToEE Front-end, I can remove it from there by your request.

Our Host!