Released Modifications and tools

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sol Invictus, Sep 25, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Released Modifications & Tools

THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETE NOW. PLEASE REFER TO THE DOWNLOAD SECTION FOR AN UP-TO-DATE LIST OF RELEASED MODS AND PATCHES.

Current Mods:
    The Circle of Eight Fan Fixes 3.0.4 - Comes with an installer. To be used with Atari's official patch 2.0; installing patch 3.0 is not recommended!
    Additional fixes by moebius2778 - Modified temple.dll and other fixes. Requires Fan Fixes 3.0.4. Unzip this into your ToEE dir, overwriting existing files.
    Livonya's Beta 1.51 - Contains all the fixes from the two mods above, and many more. Still in beta status (hence the name ...)

INSTALLATION:
    You should install things in this order:
    1. Install ToEE. ;)
    2. Install official patch 2.0.
    3. Install ToEE Fan Fixes 3.04.
    4. Install temple fix by moebius2778. (You can skip step 4. if you want to install Liv's mod, since it contains moebius' fixes)
    5. Install Liv's mod (a lot of new content and numerous bug fixes).

Older Mods: (Most of these are obsolete now.)
    The Circle of Eight fan patch mod 2.0.0 - Supports official 1.0 patch.
    The Circle of Eight fan patch mod 1.1.0 - (includes some of the fixes posted in this thread but I'll try to keep this thread clean.)
    Moathouse Quest - Makes clearing the moathouse an actual quest. Compatible with DevHelper 2.1. Overwrite its files.
    Friendly Spells - Some spells half damage to friendlies. *link broken*
    Unfriendly Spells - Some spells double damage to friendlies. *link broken*
    Silver Scheme - Inventory Visual Revamp
    Blue Scheme - Inventory Visual Revamp
    17 Icewind Dale portraits
    Reduced Encumberance - Need Fanfix1.1 first, halves weight of every item.

Tools: (See the authors' posts in this thread for more details.)
    ToEE World Builder - a multi-purpose ToEE editing tool that allows to edit objects, sector files, prototypes, and much more! Written by Agetian & Dulcaoin
    Max HP - Drifter's Max HP crack (always gives max HP on levelup)
    ToEE Front-End v3.0 - Agetian's nifty frontend (with support for dulcaoin's PC Count Patcher and Drifter's patches), needs .NET framework v1.1
    Map Discombobulator v0.75 beta - Agetian's tool for editing the 2D map graphics, needs .NET framework v1.1. Outdated, use ToEE World Builder instead.
    ToEE PC Count Patcher - dulcaoin's PC Count Patcher (play with up to 8 PCs!)
    Phalzyr's Tab File Editor 2.4.3 - Edit protos.tab and other .tab, .mes, .dlg ToEE files.
    Importing Custom Player Portraits into Temple of Elemental Evil v1.0
    JHunz's Portrait Wizard
    Zane's ToEExtract - Extracts files from the .dat files.
    Vaevictis' Protos Editor - View only right now
    Dhoom's/Underhill's Dev Helper 2.1
    Mes Editor from Arcanum
    Dialog Editor
    Darkstorm's Save Game Fixer - You need >= Python 2.2 to use this script.

Other stuff:
    Hommlet map with legend

Last edited 7th July 2005 by Agetian (added ToEE World Builder)
    Last edited 24th May 2005 by Morpheus (added Drifter's tool)
    Last edited 4th May 2005 by Morpheus (added installation instructions, Agetian's tools)
    Last edited 30th April 2005 by Morpheus (added Liv's new mod)
    Last edited 7/09/2004 by Phalzyr
    Last edited 29th Aug 2004 (corrected Zane's extractor's link (added missing 'e')) - zhuge

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2005
  2. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

Version 0.20 of JHunz's PortraitWizard is now available.

http://www.ews.uiuc.edu/~hunsley/files/pwizard.zip

Changelog:

quote:
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    v0.20
    -Added support for importation of one or multiple portraits by use of a list of filenames.
    -Updated readme to conform with unofficial standard.
    -Added changelog.
    -Chris Glenn's sample portrait now included with download for instructional purposes.
    -Sample filename list file now included with download.

v0.10
    -First release
    -Added support for importing single custom portraits
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2003
  3. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Protos.tab viewer is now available in version 2 :)

http://www3.telus.net/vaevictis666/toee/ProtoEd.exe

New features:

:behold: File location defaults to .\protos.tab, so just stick it in the same dir and hit load and it'll work right off the bat.
    :behold: Fixed the sort, now entries are correctly sorted under the correct category
    :behold: Resizable - defaults to something that will fit in an 800x600 screen, but feel free to make it as tall as you want so you can see more stuff
    :behold: Lots more tag indexes got filled, I now have a pretty good guesstimate of almost all the entries for npcs added in.

Feel free to add comments, or mail me at vaevictis666@hotmail.com (usually only checked once a day or once every few days, it's my kinda sorta spam hole email :p)

Ahh... that beholder smilie kicks ass :behold:

4. Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill The Keeper of the Arcane Toiletries

Dev/Helper 2.1:

files modified/used
    .\data\dlg\00212burnebadger.dlg
    .\data\rules\gamequest.mes
    .\data\mes\gamequestlog.mes

From the Readme
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dev/QA Helper v2.1
    Original by -Matt Oliver / dhoom@cox.net
    Changes by -Dan Kinsella / mr_underhill@disinfo.net

1: If folders mentioned below don't exist, create them.
    2: Place .dlg file(s) into .\data\dlg\
    3: Place gamequest.mes into .\data\rules\
    4: Place gamequestlog.mes into .\data\mes\

That's it.

Run the game, make a new character you'd like to test with (only gets a ONE PC
    PARTY to 10th!! -- due to limits in CR awards for quests and how exp is split
    between party members), go talk to one of the Hommlet Guards.

Features:
    ---------

1: Will advance your PC to level 10, or any level up to 10.
    2: will give your pc 1000 plat, every time you choose this option.
    3: will create up five items of your choice into PCs inventory (* you must manually edit the .dlg file, lines {141} to {145}.
    4: Will teleport party -when telporting be WARNED game will auto save.
    5: Will Cause Paladin to fall and will atone a Paladin for free.
    6: Will Join and Disband from the party.

If you can think of addtional features please email me or post at: http://ussbrowarek.org/~ausir/toee/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14

ex.
    {141}{I would like some armour.}{}{1}{}{170}{create_item_in_inventory(6049,pc)}

Change 6049 to whatever item # in description.mes you wish to be created.

WARNING:
    --------

Do NOT try and jump higher than one level beyond your current. If you do, you
    will break the script. I am working on changing the way this is done.

After every *DING* LEVEL, you _MUST_ Advance your PC and do the level changes!
    You can not gain any more exp, until you finish leveling.

CHANGES:
    --------

-Dialogue fixes
    -Travel back to Hommlett is now a teleportation

-Changed dev/helper from Black Jay to Hommlet Guards.
    -Dialogue of Guards left intact.
    -Altered Dialogue of dev/helper.
    -Can now make up to five different items.
    -Will make a Paladin fall, and atone him as well.
    -Dev/helpers (Hommlet Guards) can join and be dismissed from party.
    -Travel back to Hommlett (Will turn this into teleport along with other areas)

-Will teleport you to any of the following maps:
    Map-9-Nulb-Interior-Snake-Brothel-1st-fl
    Screenshot-temple_interior
    Demo-Temple Interior
    Demo-Temple Dungeon
    Demo-Air Node
    Demo-Hommlet
    Shop Map
    CLIP-TEST (Can't leave)
    Map-49-Colosseum (Can't leave)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2003
  5. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Well my SaveGame is busted with this annoying indefinite Silence Spell Bug. (My Spellcaster and Healers are worthless now). Thats why i am trying to extract the Save and change back the Flag manually ( I do hope it's a flag or sth like that. I think so because Dispel Magic does NOT remove the Silenced Flag from my Characters).

Here's what i got so far. Simply extracts the tfai and tfaf files:

http://www.hartte.de/extract.py

You need >= Python 2.2 to use this Script. Place it into your save folder and edit the line stating the savegame name.

cu,
    Storm

ps: more save related stuff to come when i finally figure out how to fix my save.

[Edit: Vaevictis666] Glamis, this is a tool link, I'll leave it here [/edit]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2003
  6. Torm

Torm Member

Hey guys.

First of all great work on everything you're doing, I think you guys deserve some recognition since you're doing it all for fun and on your own time.

I'm not one to ask for help usually but I have a small problem, whenever I download the protos editor made by vaevictus, it fails to initialize on startup and automatically closes.

If you have any hints of what I might be doing wrong, it would be a great help.

Thanks,

Torm

7. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

TORM: Please post a new topic for this. This thread isn't for discussion :) I have no hints sorry :(

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  8. chytah

chytah Member

Hi thorm

( sorry to everyone for hijacking this thread)

the quick answer to your problem is this,

1. before proto ed can work you need the .NET framework installed

2. second the proto ed file has to be in the same directory as proto.tab

hope this helps

9. Phalzyr

I am posting this for Toshi

Toshi's Katana Mod v1.0

This modification changes the functionality of the Katana swords, introduced by your friends at Co8 in their 1.0.0 patch.

Summary of Changes
    • Damage Adjusted to 1d10 /19-20x2
    • Damage used is v3.5 standard as per the DMG
    • Katana now uses Exotic Weapon Proficiency to mirror rules listed in 3.5 DMG
    • One-Handed or Two-Handed wielding style available
    • Mod test up to 6th level - Enchantment and Customization of the Katana with Craft Skills appears to remain unchanged and is working as intended

Katana Rules Description
    • The Katana damage has been adjusted to the damage and critical range values listed in the 3.5 DMG. 1d10 / 19-20 x2
    • Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword is now required
      for the Katana to be wielded normally.
    • Bastard Sword proficiency was used as it was the closest
      approximation to the Katana sword in the available list of
      proficiencies - Please no arm chair fencers, "sword-smiths", or know it alls - If you don't like it, don't download it.

Mod Notes and Advisories
    • There are two separate Protos.tab in the zip archive - a One-Handed version and Two-Handed version of the Katana sword.
    • Backup your existing Protos.tab - you should have one if you installed Co8 v1.0.0. If you have not installed Co8 v1.0.0, WTF is wrong with you man!?!? Go Get it!
    • Extract the Protos.tab you wish to use to your /%Greyhawk%/data/rules/ folder. You should backup for existing Protos.tab before hand.
    • The One-Handed version of the Katana Mod is wielded similar to a Longsword and uses the One-Handed sword critical animation. On a critical strike the character model does a jumping-turning-downward slash on the target.This animation is especially sweet on a downed/prone opponent and marries well with the Improved Trip feat. This version allows you to dual-wield your Katana, which may or may not be cheese, but is an option all the same.
    • The Two-Handed version of the Katana Mod is wielded in both hands (really Toshi?). This is probably the more "realistic" version of the mod. This version has the more consistent/believable normal strikes. I personally dislike the critical animation for this version. On a Critical Strike, the wielder pulls the sword over his head, rears back, and leans into the target - similar to my 1/2 Ork Barbarian with his Two-Handed Hammer. This version does not permit dual wielding of the sword (I never DW a Katana, it's just personal preference in my pursuit of anti-Dritz and/or anti-cheese).
    • WARNING - After installing either version of the mod, any character you have wielding a Katana may suck in melee with it. That is because the sword now requires Exotic: Bastard Sword to function at normal efficiency
    • Why Bastard Sword? - I used the Exotic:Bastard Sword Proficiency since it is a unique/different blade to wield (weight, balance) and is a Hand and a Half sword. A Katana meets these criterion as well. It is the proficiency available in-game that mimics the Katana IMO. Making the Katana a martial weapon is unbalancing for me, as it there would be nothing to counter or balance the improved damage and elegance of the sword. Instead of the Katana being a unique roleplaying tools to add panache, it would quickly become the Flavor of the month sword and put me to sleep with 1000's of Gen-Y Drow lovers acting out their Dritz fantasies with a better sword. (Yes, I HATE DRITZ, don't email me about it :p )

If someone wants to add a feat for Katana Proficiency, please get with me, but until then, Bastard Sword shall suffice.

Props to Co8 for gathering, organizing, and sponsoring the mod community. Without their efforts, tools, and positive energy, mods like this one probably would not happen and certainly would not get noticed.

If anyone needs to contact me, you may do so using the contact information on the website.

Download Toshi's Katana Mod v1.0: http://toee.ret-guild.net

10. Phalzyr

Orb fix - Got confirmation that it fixed the issue. The problem was that if someone talked to grud first and hepled him then talked to mona a global flag would be set. The dialog location entry point when that flag is set does not have the option to return the orb. So I made a work around but will also edit the dialog file and put in the choice so my brothel fix needs no knew files. I wasn't sure about the number of choices that appeared until I got feedback so will put that in the dialog file instead for future use.

Co8: after I get dialog tweaked and posted here can you overwrite the one in my brothel fix and re zip? thanks

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Established Member Administrator

I'm replying to this since I think it's a big issue that needs to be fixed right away.

Most of the mods listed here come with no install instructions whatsoever... I'm sure that those who are modding the game know where to put them, but the majority of people who download this stuff do not. Every mod should come with at least a basic readme.txt explaining the exact install procedure.

12. Phalzyr

13. Phalzyr

:) I try to be better in future, most of this are temp fixes that will go into next release and I(we) were just getting them out there so they could be included in next release, and quick fix until the next release comes out. Any future changes should be less of a "fix major issue" and thus not be rushed and hopefully well documented sorry for any confusion.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Established Member Administrator

No problem, I understand how it is, but slapping some quick install instructions won't take you more than a couple of minutes, but could save hundreds of people who download the mods the headache of trying to figure out what to do with the files, or give up on them completely unless they want to register here and ask...

15. Phalzyr

Our Host!