Weapon/items stats

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Jinxed, Jan 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Member

I'm creating a stats database for all the items in ToEE and I noticed some weird things.

Club range is 20, crossbow range (both light and heavy) is 0 while longbow range is 100.

Range for reach weapons such as a ranseur or Spiked Chain is also 0.

I'm actually creating my database using ingame screenshots of items, because all my efforts to use programs such as the ToEE mod center, Jade or proto edit all finish with the same error: Unhandled exception

If anyone would give me me tips how to edit item stats I would be also grateful.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

According to the 3.5e SRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35), club range increment should be 10, heavy crossbows should get 120, light crossbows should get 80 and longbows should get 100.
    The range increment aspect is implemented in ToEE so adjustments here would be welcome.

Also the 0 range for crossbow has been linked to skeletons wielding crossbows getting Attacks of Opportunity (they are treated like melee weapons in that respect). So by correcting the range, we may be getting rid of another bug as well. I have not had the time to fully test it, though it has been at the back of my mind for some time.

Range for reach weapons is hardcoded as 10 and is not tied to the range increment variable.

Our standard editor for protos.tab is Phalzyr's ToEE Proto editor.
    Download it here: http://www.kasec.org/toee/ProtoEd2-4-3.zip

Open up the editor and use description.mes to get the item numbers. For example, light crossbow is {4096}{Light crossbow}, scroll down protos.tab to 4096 and then scroll right to column 64, which codes for range increment. As you can see the column is a blank which defaults to 0. Fill in the correct number (80) and save the file.
    Repeat for the other items.

Not sure why it generates an 'Unhandled exception'. It's worked fine on my end. Make sure the protos.tab you are editing is in the same drive as the editor. If you have any further queries regarding the editor, you can reach Phalzyr at downingd@kasec.org
    If all else fails you can still edit using Notepad or Ultraedit but editing using Notepad is error prone and not recommended.

If you find any other discrepancies, kindly post them and state the exact proposed modifications.
    Thanks.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

I have changed the range values for light & heavy crossbows as indicated in the above posts, but those skeletons still get Attacks of Opportunity. Damn! Seems to be hardcoded. Moebius2778, where are you?

4. Talos

Talos Member

I have a question about some of the "non-standard" weapons in the game.

Which Focuses uses these weapons ? :

Greathammer

Maul

Katana

hope someone can answer

5. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

greathammer and maul are warhammer, and katana is bastard sword.

Our Host!