Questions on 3.0.4 and other hoo-ha.

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shamshir, Nov 23, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shamshir

Shamshir Member

Hello.

First time on the site. Pleased to meet you all. Great work from what I can tell so far! I do a bit of modding and scripting, but haven't dug into any TOEE code yet. After seeing some of the work others have done, I'm thinking of fiddling a bit, but hopefully these questions can already be answered, as I haven't actually played more than two or three little Hommlet quests in the game.

1. I have the official patch 2 and Co8 3.0.4 (the most recent one)...do I still need to download and install temple.zip from Meobius?

2. After installing and confirming the install, I am still able to switch from "random-rolls" to the "advanced" window during ability scores, then click and drag the "random" ability scores into the advanced options before assigning points. I remember reading a while ago (~year) that character creation glitches had been fixed up. Is this not true, or did I perhaps install the patch incorrectly? Will "cheating" my ability scores this way to get them where I want them cause problems later on?

3. Starting equipment is fudged, and I remember reading about a *.mes file that could be overwritten to correct this, but cannot find the thread on the page. Any suggestions?

4. I seem to get a pretty reliable CTD whenever I try to begin a new quest since installing the fan patch. Makes trying the game out with the new patches difficult. Any thoughts?

(Last one!) There are a number of command line extensions included for use in the 3.0.4 patch that are specifically *not* documented in the readme. Anyone know where I can find more info on these?

Thanks in advance to anyone with the patience to go through this! If I can get it running and problems seem to make any lick of sense to me, I'll see what I can do modding-wise, but right now, I'm as uniformed as a babe in sheet-metal factory.

2. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

1. Yes. You can get it here.

2. No, to my knowledge this hasn't been fixed yet, and I suppose it's not high up on Troika's (or anyone else's) priority list.

3. Starting equipment should be okay in the latest Co8 patch (Version 3.04).

4. Maybe you are using an earlier version of the 3.04 patch? There was a problem with the fighter starting equipment that made the game crash when you began adventuring. This was changed, although the version number wasn't updated. Please make sure you have the latest version (re-download the patch if necessary).

5. Not too sure. I think if you add a "-w" the game runs in windowed mode.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  3. Shamshir

Shamshir Member

Wow...where have I been?

Morpheus,

This is very late in the coming, but I thank you for your reply. Got busy, never checked back. I just pulled both files from your links. Appreciated!

Our Host!