Vermin type creatures

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Murlynd, Feb 8, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Murlynd

Murlynd The White Paladin

I has noticed a problem with the Vermin type of creature. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this problem too. I looked on the forum and couldn't find any postings. :shrug:
    The Vermin type, as NOTED in the SRD, has the following trait:

Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).

This trait is shared with Contruct, Ooze, Plant, and Undead type creatures. In ToEE, all these creature types are immune to any mind-affecting effect.

However, in my testing, I noticed that a Vermin type creature is NOT immune to being charmed, dominated, confused, and the like!! Any mind-affecting spell seemed to work on a Vermin type creature, when the creature failed it's saving throw!
    Would this have anything to do with the Repel Vermin spell (see here)?

If this problem can be confirmed, it should be fixed internally (if it can be!). :writersbl

BTW: There are only 4 Vermin type (mc_type_vermin) creatures in ToEE 8.0.1 NC:
    {14047}{Large Spider}
    {14089}{Giant Tick}
    {14094}{Giant Crayfish}
    {14417}{Black Widow Spider}

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Well you could add and set the 'Vermin' critter flag to OCF_UNDEAD. I'm not sure if that ver creatures will inherit the said immunities. The scroll of repel vermin is present in the game, but it doesn't make sense for a mindless creature to be dominated, plus the repel vermin only does protection and damage against vermin creatures.

And maybe you could create your own OCF_Flag for vermin type creatures just like the OCF_Undead, which is not listed in IntelliProperties of critter flags.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
Our Host!