Critical bug with Toruko&Kobort (not) joining up

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Salk, Feb 6, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Salk

Salk Established Member

Toruko&Kobort (not) joining up [Solved]

Hello!

When playing with the Co8's latest Modpack (8.0.1) I noticed a critical bug that to my amazement went undetected.

In short, whenever you ask Toruko to have him and Kobort join up and the conditions are met (party of four or smaller) then only one of the two joins!

This is the sequence of what happens when I ask Toruko to work with us:

1) Toruko says that they will join and only himself will be the one being actually joining the party

2) I ask Toruko to leave and he does

3) I ask him to join up again and this time it's Kobort who joins up while he is left out!

If there is an easy fix to this, I'd like to hear about it because this one is a rather bad bug and it's in the final version of the Co8 Modpack. :no:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. chano

chano Established Member

How is the ratio PC vs NPC set from the begining ?
    Say you have set it to 7 PC and 1 NPC that could explain it
    I have never seen this before, but i haven't asked them to join me in the last few versions.

3. Salk

Salk Established Member

That's interesting, actually.

The ratio is set 7 to 1 but I started the game with only 4. Does it mean that I still can not recruit more than 1 NPC?

But even so, in the vanilla game, the Max PC number is set to 5 so in theory Toruko and Kobort should never join up with you? After all they say they join groups of 4 or less... When I tried to recruit them, we were in fact 4.

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Correct. In your example, it means that at any given instant in the computer game, only 1 NPC can be in your party, and other NPCs physically can't join your party (even if your party isn't full with 7 PCs).

At any time during your playthrough, in the TFE-X interface, you can change the ratio of maximum number of PCs to maximum number of NPCs in your party, so long as the maximum limits that you set don't go below either the current number of PCs and current number of NPCs in your party.

For example, if you have the PC/NPC ratio currently set to 7:1 and if your party currently consists of 4 PCs and no NPCs, then you can change the ratio to 4:4, which will allow you to recruit 4 NPCs into your party but will prevent you from adding any more PCs to your party via the guestbook in an inn.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Salk

Salk Established Member

Okay, thanks for the explaining this to me.

Our Host!