Choice of quests? Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by crpgnut, Jun 30, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. crpgnut

crpgnut Member

Okay, when you confront the lizards you can:

1. Demand the stolen eggs and kill the lizards.
    2. Go kill the dragon-doable at level 3 with a strong party and good strategy. Returning this will allow you to get an egg to complete the spider queen's quest or Flay's quest.
    3. Ask about the adventurers. They'll tell you southwest.

I went the dragon route, so how do I find the adventurers or is that closed off to me now?

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Good question, that particular quest is in limbo for me too after killing the dragon.

3. crpgnut

crpgnut Member

Hmmm, got another quest that goes nowhere. There's a sniper up on the Bailiff's Tower. I have 9 spot and can't see anyone up there. Can't go back through the door once you're up there either. Just have to fast travel back down to the market. The guards that were being attacked are gone too.

Guess this is a broken quest. I also memorized see invisible, but nothing shows up.

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

5. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

crpgnut, you chose wisely when you opted to do the dragon quest for the lizardmen. To get back on the trail of the missing adventurers, the clue that you seek is located somewhere at the Swamp (i.e. the map where the lizardmen were) (and no, I'm not referring to talking to any of the lizardmen because they are no longer there. The clue also has nothing to do with any of the lizardmen's corpses or any of the items that the lizardmen had in their inventories, or any items that the Lizardman Chief gave you).

The sniper quest is only bugged for those players who were unlucky enough for the sniper to first show up in their game AT NIGHT. If you have an old saved game before the sniper ever showed up in your game, and you don't mind reverting to that old save, then you can make sure that you arrive at the Keep during day-time when the sniper first shows up in your game, and then you are able to complete the sniper quest.

Completing the sniper quest allows you to continue the line of quests involving the raiders (which is 1 of the 2 main end-game quests).

If you either don't have an old saved game or you can't be bothered losing all of your current game progress, then either one of the Co8 modders might later inform you of some console commands that will allow you to continue the raider line of quests, or you'll just have to wait until your next playthrough before you can do the raider line of quests.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  6. chano

chano Established Member

I was unlucky with the Billy quest but i got the raiders quest eventhough i didn't complete the Billy quest.
    So maybe the link between them is a bit broken too

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Billy has an impact on the Raider's quest, but he is not essential. I recognised that the whole Billy thing might go down off-screen (eg he spawns while you are up near the Church or something and you never see him), or due to a nasty Mersenne effect he just never shows up (very unlikely but I think theoretically possible).

On the missing adventurers, as Gazra said go back and look in the Lizardmen Cave. This is the trickiest moment in the game so it's worth trying to figure out :)

Alternately, you've gone south on the Lizardman map and seen where that goes...? That can also work.

8. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

With a little help from the forum, I was able to complete the Billy quest and get the Raiders quest immediately. Now I'm wandering around that map wondering what the heck is going on (not that that's a bad thing)...

9. crpgnut

crpgnut Member

Well, I wanted to get the whole effect, so I started over so that I can get Billy. I also wanted a certain item that is only found in the character creation area....see bugs and exploits thread and look for the word red :)

When I went to the raider area I couldn't progress. There was a lion centaur that I killed, as she was evil, but nowhere else to go. I did all the listen, search, use secret door tool, etc but couldn't find anything but one narrow valley. The lion chick didn't drop anything that would seem to help.

10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Do you have a rope?

11. crpgnut

crpgnut Member

Yes, and a grapple too. I started over, but I'll make sure to try my rope all over the place next time. Thanks!

12. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Even with a rope, I have the feeling I'm missing something on that map. I'm just not sure what...

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

<Tab> button to highlight stuff Daryk.

14. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

crpgnut, the next time that you go to the raider camp, if you talk to the Wemic, then she will tell you exactly what you need to do in order to progress further on that map.

15. chano

chano Established Member

Could we have a list of all possible quests? not how to get them or how to complete them.
    I hate to miss out on something cool just because i dont know it exist.

Our Host!