ToEE Front-End X Official Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Agetian, Oct 14, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Does this happen every time? This is a SecureRom problem that has been reported by some (including me) to be 'fixable' by rebooting.

2. jdwould47

jdwould47 Member

yes.

uninstalled and fresh install, loaded patch 2 and then loaded tfex and the secur error again. uninstalled again and installed with patch 2 only and now cant loot.

try again tomorror.
    jd

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you can't get satisfaction from securerom, then it would be best to sidestep it with the no-CD .exe.

4. jdwould47

jdwould47 Member

thanks shiningted. will look into the no-cd.exe. think that im in too deep waters.
    jd

5. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Unrelated rant by ben34 moved to a separate thread here.

- Agetian

6. Taldaas

Taldaas Member

I'm posting this here because I think it is a TOEEFEX thing, but not 100% sure. I have recently run into a problem where I can now only play in windowed mode. I have installed everything and am running co8 5.5. Everything works perfectly in windowed mode. However, when ever I try to switch to full screen instead ToEE crashes before it even loads up.

It's not a huge deal since I can still play, just was in a mood to completely zone out tonight and was going to go full screen for a change.

For what it's worth, the only change to my PC since the last time I played full screen is that I have changed monitors to a lower resolution LCD TV instead of my old 22" monitor. Could it be that it is trying to start in an unsupported resolution maybe? My current resolution is 1360x768

Thanks!

7. Agetian

@ Taldaas: Doesn't sound like anything that would be related to TFE-X. Could be your game settings (possibly resolution-related). First, run the game in windowed mode and try switching the in-game resolution back to something low and typical, such as e.g. 640x480 or 800x600, for the sake of testing, then run the game full-screen and see if it fixes the problem. If it fails, try deleting the file toee.cfg from your ToEE folder and running the game in full screen mode again. Deleting toee.cfg will revert any changes you've made to the game configuration, including the resolution changes and other options that might conflict with your video card driver, screen resolution setup, and whatnot. Remember that if you delete toee.cfg, you'll need to re-setup any options you might have had in your game configuration, including video and sound preferences.

- Agetian

8. Taldaas

Taldaas Member

Does that also reset the options within ToEEFEX? I believe I have the game set to run at 800x600 at the moment, but will be happy to try deleting the config file when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the suggestion.

9. Idolon

Idolon Member

I can't run ToEE in windowed mode. It starts but then it freezes.

Is there a way to get it to work in windowed mode?

10. Agetian

No, TFE-X options will be preserved.

The windowed mode, technically speaking, was originally intended to be a debug mode meant for developers. It's known to be rather buggy and limited (e.g. it's only limited to 800x600). If it doesn't work for you, sorry, but I have no idea why exactly it doesn't work - it's nothing that TFE-X would be responsible for; all TFE-X does is launches the game with or without the corresponding option, if it doesn't work then it's the game engine that behaves wonky on your system for some reason.

Speaking of TFE-X, the latter question is not on topic and is a general question related to ToEE game modes. Windowed mode is not a part of TFE-X, it's a part of the game's original code, it was coded to be there from the get-go by Troika, while TFE-X just presents a convenient way to turn the mode on or off if someone needs it. Please stick to the discussion topic or I'll have to move and/or delete posts here. Also, if you think your problem is related to TFE-X and you seriously want me to investigate it on the TFE-X level, make sure you follow the bug reporting guidelines located in the first post of this thread, otherwise I won't be able to help even if something is related to TFE-X. Thanks.

- Agetian

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  11. rnblue

rnblue Member

Hi,

Just got a new laptop and have had trouble getting toee to work. Using the cds, I installed the game, patch 1, patch 2, toee 5.5.0.

I get "microsoft visual c + + runtime library error "abnormal program termination."

OS = windows xp service pack 3
    video card (not sure I got this right) mobile intel (r) 4 series express chipset family
    video card drivers (again not sure this is what I am supposed to report) intel (r) GMA driver for mobile
    CPU = Intel centrino vPRO 2 with 1.92 gb of ram
    Other stuff. dotNET framework 3.5 service pack 1
    Microsoft visual C + + 2005 redistributable.

Compatibility= unsupported.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    RNBLUE

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  12. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Never mind, I figgured it out; used the "Run as adimnsator" button. I should pay more attention.

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit
    I've had to reformat my computer and do a clean install of the game. It worked fine before with no modications to it to get it to run on Vista, worked perfectaly.

My problem is I can install the game, patch1&2 and extract CO8 5.50_BETA but when I go to install TFE-X i get the inital "get readdy to start message", the "defalt music package" message but when I click continue I get a "Microsoft .NET Framework" Security message asking me If I want to continue. When I do I only get a blank frontend come up with no modues there, not even vinalla.

I belive that the security message is stopping TFE-X to install, even if I click continue. Is there anyway around this?

Here is the detail's box from that message:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  13. RunJumpSwimGo

RunJumpSwimGo Natural 3 :

I always seem to have problems with this everytime i try to play any co8 mod on a new comp :< so maybe someone out there can help me...
    Im currently running windows XP home edition. im using the TOEE patch 2 (not 3) and im not running any mods with it. anyway, heres the error message.

Cannot find central directory.

************** Exception Text **************
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipException: Cannot find central directory
    at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile.ReadEntries()
    at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.ZipFile..ctor(String name)
    at ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.Zip.FastZip.ExtractZip(String zipFileName, String targetDirectory, Overwrite overwrite, ConfirmOverwriteDelegate confirmDelegate, String fileFilter, String directoryFilter, Boolean restoreDateTime)
    at TFE_X.TFEMain.InstallModule(String modname, Boolean raw)
    at TFE_X.TFEMain.btnInstall_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    TFE-X
    Assembly Version: 1.0.3233.27969
    Win32 Version: 1.0.3233.27969
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Atari/Temple%20of%20Elemental%20Evil/TFE-X.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
    Assembly Version: 0.85.4.369
    Win32 Version: 0.85.4.369
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Atari/Temple%20of%20Elemental%20Evil/ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.DLL
    Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Atari/Temple%20of%20Elemental%20Evil/Interop.IWshRuntimeLibrary.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Ive added the TFE-X file, but im not sure if its the file you need according to the bug submitting rules... if the attached file isnt the log, then i dont have one. i ran a search for it and manually hunted as well, so hopefully this is what you need. I havent really taken any steps to resolve this problem myself, as i cant even activate the mod. And i dont have any scanning software that would hinder the process any. any help would be much appreciated!

Attached Files:

14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Is it possible to add an option to couple saved game backups with TFE-X modules? I.e. to make it automatically save and restore saved games as you switch modules?

15. Agetian

This is a strange problem indeed. According to the log something goes wrong when TFE-X tries to process the music file. Were there any errors when you installed TFE-X (when it was deployed for the first time)? What version of TOEE are you using (I mean not the patch level, but the origin - European, US, Polish, etc.)? For now I can only recommend reinstalling the game from scratch, following the instructions carefully, though it'll only help if it has something to do with you not following the instructions verbatim for the first time. As a side question -- you did wait out the (long) deployment process, didn't you?

Not sure what exactly you mean, but TFE-X always auto-backups your saved games for a given module when you switch it off and restores the previously auto-backed-up saved games for a module you switch on (it always did so since the very first version, and IIRC the old ToEEFEs had the same functionality). Or is there something I don't understand?

- Agetian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!