Increase spell slots

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by filpan, Nov 25, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. filpan

filpan Member

Hello everyone.
    Is it possible to increase spell memorization slots in the game with some kind of editor or something? You know, something like Keeper editor for Baldur's Gate and Icewind dale? That's the only thing I want to change, I'd like to be able to cast more spells between resting.
    Thanks for the effort!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I'm not aware of an editor that's safe, (unless TCE has been improved) but you could raise the casters primary casting stat via the console and that would allow more casts per rest.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Increasing your spellcaster's primary attribute through cheating pretty much breaks the game though, because the higher your spellcaster's primary attribute, the more difficult it is for your spellcaster's targets to make their saving throws against your spellcaster's spells, which gives you an unfair advantage. But then again, I guess that's what cheat codes are for.

Be careful not to increase your spellcaster's Intelligence too high, because there comes a point where your character has too many skill points to be able to allocate all of the skill points while levelling up, which will prevent your character from being able to level up any more. If I recall correctly, an Intelligence of 40 is okay, but anything above that can cause problems in the game.

4. LarkinVB

LarkinVB Member

You can create scrolls.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Sorcerers (and bards, I suspect) can cast Eagle's Splendour and the Charisma bonus translates to instant extra spells - I'm pretty sure that's an exploit.

6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

If your spellcaster is a wizard, then you can use the following cheat code (you open/close the console by pressing the ~ key (Shift `)) to give yourself a Ring of Resonance (which does exactly what you want, provided that your spellcaster is a wizard):

give 6655

item's description: This amazing artefact resonates with every spell its wearer casts. Once per day, that resonance can be unleashed in an harmonic convergence that restores all the day's cast spells to the wearer's mind, allowing them to be cast again.

The Ring of Resonance ONLY works with the wizard class.

I don't have the Circle of Eight Modpack activated at the moment, so I haven't checked whether the number for that item has changed. You can manually check if it is the correct number by viewing either of the following files in your game's folder:

\data\mes\description.mes

\data\mes\long_description.mes

7. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Good clerics can cast unlimited cure wound spells, evil clerics can cast unlimited inflict wound spells and druids can cast unlimited summon nature's ally spells!!!

All this requires the EXTEND meta-magic feat CHEAT as follows

1. Create cleric or druid
    2. learn extend spell feat (other metamagic might also work)
    3. Apply extend spell to any one level 0 spell available
    4. memorise extended spell in level 1 slot
    5. convert spontaneously to cure/inflict or summons as appropriate
    6. cast cure/inflict or summons
    7. Repeat 5. and 6. ad nauseum

Note you will rapidly have a negative number of spells of that level memorised

Caveat emptor applies most strongly to using mechanism busting cheats

8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

This does not work for me, can you elaborate a little more.

9. Pygmy

I am not sure how to elaborate further but here goes:

You have a good cleric level 1 with protection from evil, bless and extended guidance memorised right?

You convert the extended guidance to cure light wounds and cast it

Now have a look at his/her spells memorised on the character wheel.........

10. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I have memorized, protection from evil, bless and extended guidance in level 1 slots, and as soon as I change the extended guidance to cure light wounds, the extended guidance just disappears from the radial menu and I only have protection from evil, and bless left.

11. Pygmy

Ok maybe its another case of ToEE behaving differently on different machines - I don't often have druids in my parties because the CHEAT works on mine....

Sorry to waste your time

12. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

+1

Scribe Scrolls feat rocks. Unlimited spell casting + money cow machine all in one :yes:

13. outdrack

outdrack Member

Just a friendly reminder that typically creating a wand is usually more efficient gold and exp wise, if you are planning to use it over and over again.

Unless your planning to create a single cloudkill scroll just to overkill a single room

14. outdrack

outdrack Member

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8055

I must've remember that post incorrectly :(

I'm still using wands up to fireball though since it's just way more convenient :yes:

Edit:
    Didn't work for me, how did you do it?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  15. Anthropoid

Anthropoid Established Member

Question about using scrolls: Does the toons, class and level really matter, or is it just the Use Magic Device skill?

So for example, if I had a level 2 bard with Use Magic Device ~11, an he/she cast a scroll from any school of magic equally well? Or will it be less likely to fail if it is a spell that is included in the bard's list and/or a spell of not too high a level?

What is a good level of Use Magic Device to be confident that you will rarely fail in using them? Does concentrate matter in combat situations?

Given that Use Magical Device is not a class specific skill for Clerics or Wizards, is it a better idea to max out a bard and then give ALL the scrolls to that toon?

Our Host!