Just me, or some oddities?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by bigwave13, Apr 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. bigwave13

bigwave13 Member

Just curious on a couple things - wondering if it's just me/my copy or if these are intended things / known problems?

1 - Undeath to Death doesn't do anything? (Specifically at Hickory Branch, FWIW)
    2 - Magic Circle vs Evil doesn't work the same as Protection from Evil? (Specifically: stopping damage from summoned critters)
    3 - If you didn't kill the fugitives, but captured them and turned them in, they get free again? (I see Kendrew is back in the Welcome Wench...)
    4 - What triggers Welkwood Bog to turn green (finished) in the log?

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

This is a known issue (and no, the Circle of Eight team currently cannot fix the problem, otherwise they would have fixed it by now).

This is an unintentional bug, but Captain Achan probably might release the fugitives again after you have returned them to him alive (for his own reason). Now that is funny. Boy, Captain Achan really has it in for those fugitives! If the first adventuring party won't kill them, then Captain Achan might just release them again and wait until another adventuring party kills them. ;)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I've added the information to the game guide. To answer your question:

You must return to and talk to the NPC who offered you the quest in the first place (in this case, Captain Renton in the southwestern-most house in Hommlet). The quest will be completed when you tell him that you have dealt with Mathel.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

On the fugitives, NPCs have a tendency to return to their original spawning points, though it seems to happen predominantly when they're dead. Was Kendrew at the WW alive? The scripting is supposed to stop that, but sometimes the game just does what it wants.

4. bigwave13

bigwave13 Member

Gazra - thanks for the answers. Nothing re. Undeath to Death? (I think the dice-roll box said "(PC) casts Undeath to Death - []!" or something similar.

Gazra/Gaear - yep, Kendrew had been arrested at the WW, and showed back up there later.

5. bigwave13

bigwave13 Member

BTW - I'm probably blind, where does Mona go after returning her orb? The walkthrough talks about talking to her after killing the Gremlich, but she's not around?

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

There IS a suspicious woman in Verbobonc that has a shop and she looks an awful lot like Mona, but I think her name is something different. ;)

7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

After you return Mona's Orb, she spends the rest of the game in her house (which is the house just to the left of Ah Fong's Emporium (Ah Fong's Emporium is building #7).

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. bigwave13

bigwave13 Member

Ah. thx

9. sirchet

Just for kicks, talk to "Anom" in Verbobonc and tell me if she doesn't remind you of someone. ;)

10. bigwave13

bigwave13 Member

Where is "Anom"?

11. sirchet

She's in her shop at the end of the street where all the other shops are lined up in Verbobonc.

Our Host!