Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What is it? The Civic Centre of a major Greyhawk city far to the northwest of Hommlet.

Author: Allyx

Support: Gaear

Featured in modpacks: 6.1.0 NC, 8.1.0 New Content Edition

New maps: 2 outdoor, 58 indoor

Quests: (29) 'Robbery at the Hostel,' 'Framework of a Murder,' 'Under Surveillance,' 'Under Attack From Underground,' 'Frozen Assets,' 'Family Turmoil,' 'Catching The 'Cousin,'' 'Removing Wilfrick,' 'The Slave Traders,' 'Wanted: Guntur Gladstone,' 'Wanted: Kendrew Commonworth,' 'Wanted: Quintus Corpus,' 'Building Credit,' 'Fear Of Ghosts,' 'Contract On Canon Thaddeus,' 'Monster Mash,' 'Ratting Out The Hextorites,' 'Snitching On The Scarlet Brotherhood,' 'Narcing On The Scarlet Brotherhood,' 'The Rabbit Hole,' 'The Gremlich,' 'Lords And Ladies,' 'Demons And Demigods,' 'Contact: Ariakas,' 'Notice: Prince Zook IV,' 'What Lies Beneath,' 'Notice: Captain Abiram,' 'Notice: Lord Viscount Wilfrick,' 'Notice: Lord Viscount Wilfrick'

New NPCs: Captain Abiram, Gregor, Victor, Jylee, Maurice, Lord Viscount Wilfrick, the Hextorites, Darlia, Kenan-Be'thuel, Tarah-ka-Turah, Sharar-be-L'ial, Gadham, Abaddon, Gershom, Persis, Bella, Captain Absalom, Captain Achan, Guntur Gladstone, Kendrew Commonworth, Quintus Corpus, Corporal Holly, The Gremlich, Cleric Rastes, Lydia, Ariel, the Scarlet Brotherhood, Canon Ramses, the Drow, Lerrik, Prince Zook IV, Canon Thaddeus, castle ghosts, Samson, Goliath, Bathsheba, Uncle Orrengaard III, Lady Asherah, Lhizeas, Panathaes, Rakham, Boroquin

Recurring NPCs: Jenna, Elysia, Senshock, Gleem, Chanda, Nybble

Designed for: a party of high level adventurers

Availability: after you've dealt with Zuggtmoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Just curious. Does this mean Senshock won't be in the temple no more? :cry:

3. Gaear

That's right - we're replacing him with a half-elf bard named Steve who is chaotic good at heart, albeit brooding and edgy.

Actually no. He only shows up in Verbobonc if he escapes, like it has always been with Verbomod.

4. Necroticpus

Oh, ok. I never saw him escape. Didn't know he went to Verbabonc.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Will Verbobonc ever be back in the standard modpack that features new content?

6. Gaear

Yes, 5.9 NC.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yay!

Thanks Gaear.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  8. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I played the Verbomod back when it was in 5.5. However, I was never able to get Senshock to go there. With Verbo 2.0 coming out in the 5.9 patch, I'm hoping someone can tell me the sequence needed to get him there.

A really long time ago, I remember coming across Senshock wandering around in the fourth level (the level where his room is on). I was able to converse with him and there was even a choice to bluff him and tell him that Hendrack wanted him killed off (or something like that). He would then thank me and flee the temple. I can't remember what I did to get him wandering around where he would talk. Can someone please help me out?

9. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

To get Senshock to Verbo you have to get into a fight with him but not kill him. If he lives long enough he will teleport away and end up in Verbo as the Master of the Bazaar.

(It would be cool if bluffing him into fleeing also sent him to Verbo, but to my knowledge that does not happen.)

10. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

Thanks a million. I guess I have been too quick at killing him off.

11. Necroticpus

That's what I'm trying to understand. Why would you want Senshock in Verbobonc? Does he turn into a merchant that sells really righteous stuff?

12. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Short answer... yes.

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I have not gotten to the point of Senshock coming back as a merchant, but I will let him escape so I can get a gander on what he is hiding under his robes. :D

14. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

The new map posted here looks fantastic!!! can't wait to explore it :)

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok, on my second play through 5.9 I made it to Verbo and this time I did see the red guy following me. Tried to talk to him but just a standard reply, no chance of an interrogation. I completed all the missions for Willy, and even though I was never approached by the red cloaks or the Cousin.

With this in mind, when I made the report about the Drow, I was given the option to let Willy know Larrick had asked me to assassinate Willy and turn Larrick in. I past this up, but when I try to Talk to Larrick or the Cousin, they do not say anything about that mission or working for them.

Also I tried to talk to Corporal Holly several times to see if she would join my group but she never started a conversation. just floating text reply. Do you need to do something to trigger the possibility to engage her?

Our Host!