How to make NPC's loot manageable? (GOG.com's version and installed ToEE Front-End X)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ian, Nov 30, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Ian

Ian Member

I bought ToEE from GOG.com. My monitor size is 1920x1080, and ToEE does not support my monitor size. Therefore I installed ToEE Front-End X and play the game in 800x600 window mode.

I had heard that ToEE which is bought from GOG.com has been patched. However, in the game, NPCs in my party still won't drop their loot. How do I solve this issue?

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: How to make NPC's loot manageable? (GOG.com's version and installed ToEE Front-En

I take it you're playing the original game through TFE-X? If you want NPCs not to loot and have inventory management problems, you'll have to play the Co8 modpack.

3. Ian

Ian Member

Re: How to make NPC's loot manageable? (GOG.com's version and installed ToEE Front-En

I see. So a patched version of the game is still considered "the original game". Can modpack only get bugs fixed but not contents changed?

Actually I don't mind NPCs to loot. There just needs to be a way for me to manage their inventories so that they won't keep complaining they are overburdened.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Yes, the modpack comes in two versions standard and New Content. The New Content version has NC at the end of its name.

5. Ian

Ian Member

Thank you. Should I backup my entire game folder first? Not sure if it has compatible issue with TFE-X.

6. sirchet

There should be no incompatibility issues with the GoG version and the front end loader.

I recommend you first check to make sure your Java is updated, (needs 7 or higher) and then follow the installation instructions.

Happy adventuring. :)

7. Ian

Ian Member

Thanks. I have installed standard modpack and there is no incompatible issue. Yet my NPCs still won't drop their old loot. Does modpack not fix previous loot?

8. sirchet

The NPCs letting you manipulate their inventory is part of the Humble NPCs mod and should be part of the standard modpack.

Some NPCs are rather attached to their gear and will not let you take it from them until you have established some type of trust with them.

Try talking to them a few times and learning about them and the quest they may have before trying to take their stuff. ;)

9. Ian

Ian Member

That's interesting. I will try it. Thanks.

Our Host!