Carpenter's Dilemma change/bug?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by djbrianuk, Nov 23, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. djbrianuk

djbrianuk Member

Weird one. I've already completed the "Soul for Cuthbert" and "Terjon wants more" quests, but when I try to resolve "Carpenter's Dilemma" Terjon gets snitty and wants me to to do the "One Bride" quest before he'll agree - which I can't as I have a full party. If I recall correctly doing SFC and TWM is enough normally to get him to agree - am I missing something?

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

What's your diplomacy score? As I recall, there's a fairly significant minimum to resolve the Carpenter's Dilemma with only Soul for Cuthbert and Terjon Wants More quests done.

3. djbrianuk

djbrianuk Member

+8 - does it need to be higher than that?

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I think it needs to be +10, but I could be wrong.

5. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

Diplomacy of 6 (and Bluff of 5) is more than sufficient for all the Hommlet quests, except one (which may need to be triggered in this case).
    The question is the order in which you got a new convert for Terjon. If you help convert the leatherworker (Jak Borton/Terjon Wants More Converts) before beginning the Carpenter's dilemma, then you'll need to find another person for conversion -- of which there are two possible candidates that I know of. One is a bride, and the other works at the Mill.
    Otherwise, the only way to complete all the quests is to begin the Carpenter's Dilemma quest before approaching Terjon about seeking new converts. In effect, seeking new converts for Terjon should be in response to the Carpenter's Dilemma.

Our Host!