Can't get back to Verbobonc

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Dreamteam, Dec 11, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

So playing the NC mod, after killing Zuggtmoy, I immediately get sent to the Verbobonc extra content location.

I can walk around town and do the quests there, but if I ever leave the town and go to one of the other locations on the World Map (back to Hommlet for example), I can't get back to Verbobonc. I assume there is supposed to be a red-colored radio button on the map for Verbobonc that activates after the Zuggtmoy boss battle somewhere up near the end of the northwest road, correct? Naughta.

Am I missing something? I did install and play through a full campaign of KotB mod previously, but have since reactivated the ToEE NC mod. I'm wondering if I maybe inadvertently corrupted part of the ToEE mod in doing so? Strangely, the Extra-planar chest and the "map" to navigate quickly through the Temple locations are also missing from the current campaign, whereas in older campaigns (before I installed the KotB mod) they were active.

One more thing about this particular campaign: I never asked the Blacksmith in Hommlet about "something different", so I also never activated the Welkwood Bog story arc and location this time around. After a while, the Blacksmith stops offering that as a dialogue option, so you can't retroactively activate it either. Did I screw up the whole NC mod by not activating that quest?

Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What version of the game are you playing? (Check the in-game Help, Co8 section.) Verbobonc never has a clickable icon on the map, but it does have a clickable name in the worldmap list. There was a bug in version 8.0.0 that didn't add Verbobonc to your worldmap list, but that was fixed in the 8.0.1 patch, and that fix was included in the 8.1.0 mod release itself.

3. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

Hey, thanks for the quick response.

OK, I see in the help menu I am playing 8.0.0 NC. I also see in my Downloads folder that I still have the download files of both 8.0.0 and 8.0.1 (I remember installing both, but the TFE_X program only ever listed 8.0.0 as the active module).

So I assume I should download and install 8.1.0? Can I keep my old saves from 8.0.0 somehow?

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, your old saves wouldn't be compatible with 8.1.0.

Given how far along you are, I'd just install the patch (be sure to actually activate it - see the installation instructions in the Downloads forum) and finish out your game with 8.0.1. In order for the Verbobonc fix to work however, you'll have to go back to a save from before you did the Zuggtmoy battle.

Alternatively, you could just manually add Verbobonc as a know location through the game console. To open the console, press tilde (~) on your keyboard, which you get through [shift] ` (the key generally above the tab key and left of 1) on American keyboards. Then input this code:

Code:
    game.areas[14] = 1
    Then press tilde again to close the console. Verbobonc should be in the map list on the worldmap after that.

5. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

I used the console command as you suggested, and now Passage to Verbobonc shows up in the list. Thank you for your help!

Our Host!