Accidentally sold Wonnilon's Repeating Crossbow

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ian, Nov 29, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ian

Ian Member

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. Recently, I'm playing TOEE and something happened that caused a quest unable to be completed. And "modding" might be the only solution so I came to this resourceful forum for some help.

In the game, after I acquired Wonnilon's Repeating Crossbow from hill giant Scorpp, I went to Hommlet to sell my loot. But I forgot the crossbow is a quest item and accidentally sold it. After some more gameplay, I realized that and went back to Hommlet in order to buy it back. But I could not see it in the buy/sell window anymore.

My previous savegames from which I still have the crossbow had all been deleted by myself. So I guess the only solution is adding the crossbow back into the item list of the shop which I sold the crossbow to by "modding".

If I remember correctly, I sold the crossbow to Calmert in Church of St. Cuthbert. Is it possible to add the crossbow back to Calmert's item list by "modding" my latest savegame?

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

There's probably a console code you can use to add it back to inventory, but I don't have a way to find out what number it is.

3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

To add Wonnilon's repeating crossbow to a free inventory slot of your currently selected character, enter the following console code (you open/close the console by pressing the ~ key (Shift `)):

give 4130

Note: this information was obtainable in the game guide sticky thread (see my banner below).

I don't know whether the item being identified or unidentified has anything to do whether Wonnilon will recognize the item when you return it to him.

I don't have the Circle of Eight Modpack activated at the moment, so I haven't checked whether the number has changed. You can manually check this by viewing either of the following files in your game's folder:

\data\mes\description.mes

\data\mes\long_description.mes

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Ian

Ian Member

Thank you. I tried the code and it works. :)

Can we make it more realistic by adding the crossbow into the shop's item list instead of character's inventory so that I can actually "buy it back"? I checked List of Console Commands and couldn't find such a command.

Or at least, is there a command for subtracting some gold from my current gold so that it works like I buy back the crossbow?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

You could buy something from the shop worth as much as the bow and then drop it.

6. Ian

Ian Member

Okay, I ended up donating to the church as that is more convenient to control the amount of gold being spent.

And I have completed the quest. Thanks all. :)

Our Host!