Editing an NPC's properties

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Nerilond, Nov 9, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nerilond

Nerilond Member

Hi. I'm new here but I just want you to know that I love the Co8 mod for ToEE. I've not yet gone to Verbobonc or Hickory Branch, but I look forward to it!

Anyway, I have been playing around with the dominate spells. I used it on a generic Bugbear found in a random encounter, then gave him an Axiomatic axe (which killed him, he seems to be level 0 though can be leveled up straight away) but he remains in my party and the tooltip for Dominate Person is gone.

So basically, I wanted to try and turn him into a more detailed PC. Is there a way for me to change his name? The console commands don't seem to include the ability to change name, unless I'm mistaken.

Is there also a way to make the UI for him less... mysterious? Ability scores are hidden (also Deity) but if I level him up to the point he gets to increase his ability scores (or just look at skills' bonus/malus), you can see the values just fine.

Thank you.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I believe that would require altering the dll file, which I've been told is a good way to go insane.

If you were just wondering what the stats and such are for any given NPC, you could visit the Co8 Game Guide and Walk Through, gazra has made an amazing piece of reference material.

You can find the guide by clicking on the banner for it that is on the top of every page of this forum.

3. Nerilond

Nerilond Member

Insanity sounds like something I can do without. I think he'll just be called Bugbear then, thanks for your help.

Our Host!