Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Hm, there is nothing bad with ny reputation. It says, people of Hommlet love me.

Yeah, there are two parts which look suspeciuos: Purveyor of Swift Justice and Dragon Killer. In both cases followers of Old Father aren't happy. But I'm not sure it's enough to hate me, considering other good deeds.

Yeah, it looks like slaying that white dragon was too much for some folks. Kind of strange.

Even more strange: I told Elmo and Meleny to leave the party, and people all of a sudden stopped to attack me. So it's some kind of a bug.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have those reputations and they don't attack me. I only have Meleny also.

3. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Nah, that's not the reason.

Maybe some friendly fire issue? Do Elmo or Meleny attack now when you go re-recruit them?

4. messedup

I just did an interesting run through Co8 8.1 NC and I have noticed something in Hickory Branch. Has anyone else had Lt Ruff attack people when he is no where near the people? It seems during the fight after exiting Lord Hungus's cave, he is where his icon is and also in the middle of your formation. Then I have had him and the Bugbear attack each other. Is this a bug?

5. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

How do I get rid of a permanent invisibility ? Tried using Jaroo but I still have a character invisible.:dizzy:

6. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

That's not a bug, it is a "feature", a perk. ;)

7. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

Especially if they are a rogue :thumbsup:

8. messedup

Isn't invisibility supposed to end when you attack someone?

9. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Not improved or greater invisibility.

10. pumpprodigy

pumpprodigy Member

Seems I posted in the wrong thread a moment ago... whoops!

Anyway I am glad this is still around, but I ran into what seems to be a serious issue during the unpacking process. It takes about 2-3 hours to unpack, during that time I cant do much of anything to it (stopping it takes forever too), yet my CPU is only at about 4% or so working with it.

It is a GOG installed TOEE so I am curious if anyone else ran into this issue.

From my research the last couple of hours, all I have turned up was that Java changed their security policy and that may have something to do with it.

I am trying to unpack it again to get the error message to share here. I hope someone can help direct me to a solution.

11. sigofmugmort

After several run-thru the Moathouse I have consistently gotten a Permanent Invisibility, the Buff marker goes away but the character stays Invisible mainly it's a cleric that cast Sound Burst before entering Hand to hand

12. messedup

I believe that Jaroo gets rid of permanent things. Too bad the person has to die to get it removed.

13. sigofmugmort

Actually, That does not work, what does is casting Invisibility on the character then engaging in physical combat. the effect seems to occur when an invisible character uses an AoE spell

14. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

He will also sell, rarely, mithral bucklers.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  15. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

In character creation, I'm told that halflings are supposed to get +1 attack with slings and with thrown weapons, but during combat this isn't the case. At least with slings. I do not like thrown weapons, but I suppose I should test it anyway.

Edit: Upon further testing, I got my racial bonus when throwing a dagger and a flask of acid. So it appears to be just the sling bonus that is missing.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
Our Host!