Full 8 party and Prince Thrommel rescue.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Edmorte, Sep 22, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Edmorte

Edmorte Member

First things first, awesome job everyone involved. Very playable, could suggest you guys buy the source code and launch it as "enhanced".

It came to my attention that the quest to save Prince Thrommel needs one spot in my party, but i'm doing a 8 PC party and before doing the quest i want to know if it's possible to rescue him without having him joined. I'm not there yet, so if you guys made an alternative approach, sorry for post before hand.

If it's not possible, please give me suggestions. Worst case scenario i could drop 1 member and them recreate it, but i really don't want to use console to re-level.

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

Welcome Edmorte.

You will need an open slot for the Prince. Unfortunately there is no way around that.

If you have 8 PCs, this could be a problem, but if you have picked up an NPC as a party member (or 2 or 3) may of them can be left in one location, the Prince quest completed, and then the other NPC/PC picked back up.

For instance, Meleny can be left in Homelett.

I am sure others will chime in with help too, but this is what I do and I hope it helps.

3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

You can also ditch a regular party member by going to the inn in Hommlett and looking at the book by the inn keeper. I think it allows you to add and remove PCs from your party. I am assuming that if you remove a party member, when you add them back in later they will be at the same experience level as when you removed them, but am not certain.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Nope. You will lose all his/her gear and will have to start over at 1st level. So, take all his gear and put it in one of the barrels or something. Supposedly you can use the console to re-level the once again 1st level PC. Ask around and someone can tell you how.

5. Edmorte

Edmorte Member

Yes, i gave it a thought, probably going to burn the monk and maybe re-level him or console cheat.

Thanks for the input, i think the sword is too good to pass... It's my first full game, wanted to enjoy most of the classes @ the same time.

Killing the NPC will prob make my paladin fallen and will lose tons of cash that i'll use to craft.

Gotta say, not impressed with the druid, in IWD2 it is a killing machine with 1 lvl in barb, different game styles i guess.

Tx all for the replies.

6. florian1

florian1 Established Member

If you are going to use the console anyway, why not just give yourself the sword? Takes the least amount of time by far for the same result.

If you want to avoid using the console, on the other hand, take a character's items for storage, remove him or her, save Thrommel for the reward, add the character back in at level 1, and watch her/him level up very quickly. XP for a level one character in a party of higher levels accumulates very quickly.

7. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

The only downside to that is finding enough encounters to level the first level character- I tend to have a scorched earth policy so a situation like this would prove problematic for me...:)

8. Edmorte

Edmorte Member

The monk leveled pretty fast, party is lvl 8, he's 5/6.

Leveled thru temple, he was back only watching the fights.

Curiously, i got an random encounter and the corpse of the old monk was there... this game is crazy.

No console was used, old monk died by "accident".

Our Host!