Random Encounter: Siren Cult

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by FDR4PREZ, Aug 4, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I believe that the Siren Cultist's random attacks are part of the New Content, yeah?

I have a question about them: I haven't confirmed, but I am thinking that they are evil, as they are always attacking my "good" party without provocation, so why is their knight using a radiant (holy) sword?

Wouldn't a knight that is part of an evil cult be evil, too, and then shouldn't he be using an unholy sword?

It just seems odd that a holy sword would be used by evil people for evil purposes in an evil cult.

I just pretend that this particular knight has been charmed/dominated into service by the cult and he knows not what he does, but then I'd like to break said charm and tag him on to my team.

(sorry that was more than "a" question)

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I just figured he was magically dominated and thoughtless. This way I don't feel bad for ending his suffering.

3. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Yeah, that's the same assumption I've been working under, too.

Poor befuddled knight...

Curious if there are future plans to work in a Siren's Call quest and flesh these ladies out some more.

The trouble with evil doers is once one gang is removed it creates a vacuum for a new group to move it. We've seen that in the Moathouse and in the Temple.

Maybe there can be a Siren den in HB or the Welkwood Bog :thumbsup:

4. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

Apologies for thread necromancy- have just encountered this bunch, and having looted the radiant sword, I checked the knight's alignment in the logbook. Having found him to be LG, I reloaded the auto-save and re fought the battle, this time having my sorceror Dominate him. I then had Jaroo remove persistent enchantments on him, and I seem to have recruited a 10th level paladin to my party. He's rather rude though, so may find himself dying heroically against a demon in the near future...

sirchet likes this.
Our Host!