After Defeating Zuggtmoy - Do I need the frienship of Brother Smythe?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by yeancientone, Jul 6, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. yeancientone

yeancientone Member

I'm on another run through of this fantastic game and its equally fantastic mod.

I'm looking forward to the post-Zuggtmoy new content, but I may have erred. Brother Smythe was once my friend, but a few ill placed ice storms that hurt Elmo and/or Spugnoir have given me the Butcher of Hommlet reputation.

Do I need to talk to Brother Smythe to get to the new content (I've done the first three ones before I became public enemy in Hommlet) or do I just defeat Zuggtmoy? Thanks, chaps!

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Nope, there are plenty of storefronts in Verbobonc. That should not be an issue.

3. yeancientone

yeancientone Member

So when you defeat the big Z, Verbobonc is added to the map screen?

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Yes, you are actually immediately transported there.

There is a big quest near the end of the game that requires you to go to Hommlet and be on friendly terms.

If you feel you earned the Butcher of Hommlet rep unfairly, you shouldn't have to be attacked every time you go to Hommlet. You can just remove the rep with the following console command, if you are using Co8 8.1.0:

To bring up the console hold down the SHIFT key, then press the tilde key ( ~ )
    Then type: game.leader.reputation_remove(92)

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Actually it's added to the list of areas you can travel to on the right side of the map, (Passage to Verbobonc).

Our Host!