How to modify an offensive spell to non-offensive?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Reficule, Nov 3, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Reficule

Reficule Member

Already tried modify spelllist.mes, "ai_type" of a specific spell txt, py script, but seems it doesn't work at all:(

2. Reficule

Reficule Member

Alright, as I fiddling around I find out that none of those data files are mattered, I've switched data and scripts of "charm person" and "heroism" entirely, yet in game, heroism can charm people without alarm, and charm person would still alarm npcs even it buffs them.

Another thing I've notice is that after I changed cast range of charm person, casting charm person out of range will start combat mode immediately, it seems the data to determine a spell is offensive or not is stored in somewhere else...

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That's interesting. I've tried to introduce spells you could cast to alter NPC behaviour without triggering combat but had no luck. I think that sort of stuff is hard coded, there is evidence that the spell numbers have hard-coded attributes with them up to a certain point.

One work around, if you are interested, is to make your spell an area-affect rather than target spell. I got 'Modify Memory' going that way, iirc: made it a tiny area effect spell.

4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I never heard of the spell Power Sight before. I was very surprised when it triggered combat with Maeri in kotb.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If you cast a spell at her, she reacts badly. She's touchy like that.

Our Host!