Gog

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Kern, Jul 8, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Kern

The Kern Member

I bought this game on GOG. I have installed both the co8 modpacks.

I have been playing it via the co8 fix-pack (not new content) because I wanted to experience the game as it was originally made. However, I noticed there are changes even in this. I.e. Pishella joins you in the co8 version, but not the original.

So my question is, is the GOG version playable out of the box, as is, without any co8 adjustments at all?

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Only if you want to live with the original bugs, which include gnolls with damage resistance in the Moathouse. Those things were a bear to defeat the first time I played this game (before I knew about the Mod pack).

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The GoG version itself is no more bug-fixed than the older versions except that it has the first two patches pre-installed and the looting fix included. (Co8's, actually, not the Atari patch 3 fix.)

4. The Kern

The Kern Member

Damn. Why isn't there a patch that simply fixes bugs and does nothing else besides?

5. chano

chano Established Member

There should not be too many differences in the none NC, maybe pishella not joining in the vanilla version should be considered a bug.
    How is it in the pnp version? i can't remember as it was over 25 years since i played it.

6. The Kern

The Kern Member

Where on earth do you rest in Nulb??! I've done the quests in the main inn, and now all anyone does is offer me beer.

This sort of thing is frustrating beyond belief.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Have you tried buying a house?

8. The Kern

The Kern Member

I don't want to spend 500 gold to rest. But maybe I'll have to.

Do you know how to activate that demon statue you find in Emredy Meadows? I looked online to try and see what it did, and apparently it summons things. Selecting inventory from the radial menu.. And yet, nothing comes up. Is this a bug? (A similar thing happens with not being able to use a cure scroll on Bing in Hommlet, you can only use the Cure potion.)

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

After you identify it, you should be able to access it from the radilal menu.

10. Gaear

You can get a room at the Waterside Hostel in Nulb, assuming you haven't killed Rentsch.

11. The Kern

The Kern Member

I can't.. As I've mentioned, all anyone does there is offer me beer.

But I did purchase the house, and I can rest there.

12. Gaear

I think you can even finagle a rest at the whorehouse under certain circumstances.

13. The Kern

The Kern Member

Ah yes! Good thinking!

Well, I have just completed all the Nulb quests, and am about to head to the Temple itself.. However, my party doesn't seem very strong. Next time around, I will recruit stronger NPC's and have better characters.

Does anyone know if it's actually possible to finish the game with Lareth? He seems to be a strong cleric, and apparently betrays you in the tower. But can you simply bypass this tower so as not to trigger the betrayal? Or is it a must-go zone?

I am also thinking of recruiting Mother Screng, but I see that you must have a good party in order to do that.

14. The Kern

The Kern Member

Anyone?

15. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

Well, I guess the only ways to keep Lareth in your party is get him arrested in Hommlet, do the towerfight, then rescue him or... Enter the tower when he's unconcious (or even dead) and resurrect him after the fight.

Our Host!