Pathnode and User Interface Watchdog Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Daryk, Dec 31, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Well, that isn't always the case when using composite bows. For example, if a half-orc with a 20 Strength (+5 Strength modifier) uses a Masterwork Composite Longbow (Strength 18), then the bow only adds a +4 Strength modifier to arrow damage because that is the maximum Strength rating of the composite bow.

In other words, composite bows have an inherent limit to Strength modifier damage (equal to the Strength rating of the composite bow), whereas thrown weapons (and slings) do apply the wielder's full Strength modifier to damage.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I tested the following thrown weapons in the KotB module (weapons in gray are working according to RAW) (weapons in red are not working according to RAW):

RAW = Rules As Written

Club
    Dagger
    Dart
    Javelin (can't be used as a melee weapon in the KotB module) (according to RAW, the Javelin can be used as a melee weapon but with a -4 penalty to attack)
    Light Hammer
    Masterwork Shortspear
    Masterwork Spear
    Shortspear
    Shuriken
    Spear
    Spear +1 (can't be thrown in the KotB module) (according to RAW, the Spear can be thrown)
    Throwing axe
    Throwing Dagger
    Trident (can't be thrown in the KotB module, and can only be wielded 2-handed in the KotB module) (according to RAW, the Trident is a 1-handed weapon that can be thrown)

I couldn't test the Sai because I couldn't find one in the KotB module.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
Our Host!