Quests keep getting broken late in game.

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by kkwaters, Aug 29, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. kkwaters

kkwaters Member

I am not getting retaining of quests. I can complete a quest and get a reward, but when i return my status for the quest is not working. i.e. I turn in the Arachnophobia quest, I get a medal that allows me to not be harrassed by guards when i have my weapons out. Then If I leave. check quest log, and quest is not completed.

Also, when I gain access to guild hall for a rescue, get made a member of the guild, later it does not let me into the guild hall, and treats me as if I was never there or a guild member, despite reputation log showing guild member status, and second perk for a different rescue stating I am in good with guild, but not a member yet. (Not sure if guild hall reputation changes in game due to "What have you done for me lately...?" gameplay, or if a bug.)

I have several issues where this has occured, I have even backed up saves, reactivated the game, and tried to see if that cleared any memory of the quest history in an effort to rebuild it. no dice.

i really like this mod, this is my third time playing it, and I enjoy it quite a bit.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Glad you're having fun. Sorry I took so long to answer.

I think the Guild bug may have been mentioned before, but the others are something new. Normally bugs are of the sort, "I finished the quest but didn't get my reward", which is either player error (full inventory) or more likely my fault (set multiple ways to finish the quest but only remembered to attach the reward to one of them). Contrl of the logbook is limited and if you got the medal you should have finished the quest.

Can I ask you an insultingly n00bish question and ask if you have an NPC as party leader? Ie in the left-most party position in the list at the bottom?

3. kkwaters

kkwaters Member

I had a Elf Ranger join party, and he initially was party leader. I <believe> I moved him back from leader, but not sure, and it had been so long, I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it to play ToEE. I plan to reinstall the game later after the next patch is released, as I saw many ppl had issues with the game as is. I liked it a lot, this is my third attempt at playing, and I will probably continue to play multiple times past the ending... If even for practice as a roll20.net DM. I really like what you guys have done here, and anything I can do to help out, plz let me know.

I encountered a separate bug in ToEE, one of my Toons has the grease spell stuck in the on position, and will not go away. This occured after the Sea Hag fight. Not sure if he was cursed by the sea hag, or if it is just stuck. No amount of rests remove it. wondered if I might edit the code that specifically relates to status of conditions to set the grease to off...

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Can't help with the Keep on the Borderlands issues but see the druid Jaroo in Hommlett to see if he can fix your wizard's spell problem. Start a dialog about needing healing and a sentence about spell effects being a problem should show up...

5. Afelcio

Afelcio Member

Try to speak to Jaroo and select the line about spell permanency, i think this will solve the Grease problem.

Our Host!