Drunks

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Aug 5, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Quick question - have people been running into the drunks in the pub, and has this been playing through all right?

2. Anteac

Anteac Member

I can't remember any drunks in the pub in my play through? ...a priest, hirelings, guard leaders, NPCs, the cook lady, bar staff, dog and a surly guy come to mind.

3. Shiningted

They only occur randomly, but thanks for answering.

4. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Same here, no drunks encountered.

5. Shiningted

Well I just tested it, it works, albeit you have a 1 in 17 chance of running into them (where do I come up with these things?) and it's been subsequently bullet-proofed to prevent problems, but in a way that also prevents the fun most of the time. O well, the occasional player will get a minor RP experience :)

6. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Just enough of a tease to make me very curious. When will that version be released?

7. Shiningted

No, it's there now, but if you're curious, I'll just say you need an all PC party (NPCs may accidently mess it up so it's been bullet-proofed, as mentioned).

8. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

I have an all PC party, but they ain't "PC" all the time :no:

some times they are just plain offensive :roll:

My last save point was after my paladin fell, and the party went on a slaying spree throughout the Keep :nosebleed :chainsaw:

I think the only person left alive in the pub is the cook. She doesn't KoS to my party, so she now identifies my loot. I am sure I am paying her much more than the barkeeper ever did, and now she has the run of the place.

So if I hang out in the pub amongst the dead bodies, do you think a drunkard would show up at some point? :dead: :drunk: :dead: :beer: :dead:

I really must speak to her about all the dead bodies and crap laying around on the floor. There haven't been many other customers lately... Maybe if she cleaned up a little while I am out adventuring and try and drum up some business for herself. But I'd image that there is the stench of death throughout the Keep since most everyone is dead.

In general, are these drunkards triggered by the party entering the pub, or do they appear out of the blue while you are standing around in the pub?

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

I saw the drunks (looking similar to Elmo) in the pub but I donĀ“t remember if it was the first game (with the obsolete version of KotB) or my current game (after redownloading a newer KotB, where the door from Billy to the Bailifftower works).
    It could be the first game because I think I had TwoSwords in the party and I had her only in the first game.

10. Shiningted

No, they don't spawn off the cook.

@CD: Glad they showed, what happened when you spoke to them?

Our Host!