Status Report

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Shiningted, Sep 12, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I finally got all-you-can-eat broadband! Yay! :joy:

And then, less than a week into he contract, my modem got fried in an electrical storm. :zap: I will be inconsistently present here for 5 business days until the replacement arrives.

Sent from my Android phone, Marvin.

2. chano

chano Established Member

Any news Ted?

3. Sutemi

Sutemi Member

This. I'd love to see more Keep.

4. Shiningted

Urgh, I updated recently but that was for the internal modders forum (who are also wondering what's taking me so long). :smarty:

@chano - sorry dude, completely missed that post.

The nest update is slowly but surely chugging along, and in testing is playing out quite nicely. However these things invariably take longer than I expect - I tend to calculate in terms of 'the couple hours to place the mobs' and not 'the three weeks to figure out why that damn caster is charging instead of casting his spells'. (Occasionally, things really do work first time and it only takes a couple hours. Occasionally). Plus, contrary to what you may think based on the bug reports (and personal experience) I do actually do a lot of testing as I go, which takes time.

Hope to have the LE alignment stuff finished and tested this week, which I will doubtless shout from the rooftops.

5. Anteac

Anteac Member

<gnaws hand in anticip........pation.>

6. Shiningted

Perfect timing. I have just moved on from the LE stuff tonight and am checking the implementation of the Orc Caves. That leaves some tinkering with the LG finale and bug fixes and it's done.

I can only apologise for the go-slow that's been going on, but I am having a very ordinary winter with sickness etc at this end. Nothing serious, but very little spare time.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

But maybe the rain, isn't really to blame, so I'll remove the cause ............. but not the symptom. :p

8. Shiningted

Just a quick comment to say my winter cold hasn't gotten any better, so I've been spending an unnecessary amount of time feeling sorry for myself when I should perhaps have been on here: nothing more than that, if people are wondering where I am. :wave:

9. Anteac

Anteac Member

Keep on truckin' Shiny one. Must be that nasty cold that's been running around. Do not want
    :no:

10. sirchet

I sure hope you feel better soon, Ted.

Remember, starve a cold and feed a fever .... I think that's how it goes, I'll have to call Mom because she raised 13 kids without a lot of Dr visits. ;)

11. chano

chano Established Member

Been a while since last report, are you getting any closer Ted?:)

12. Shiningted

Been down with the flu so no, haven't done much lately (well, I have advanced since June when I last updated). This is the sort of kick-along I need to do something then report it :)

EDIT: Ok, just saw my last update was how I was sick over winter. That settles it - no sending the kids to daycare next year, all they do is get sick and bring it home.

13. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Ted - advancing from a winter cold to the seasonal flu is not quite the advancement that anyone likes to do :wave:

We're definitely glad to hear you've made progress on all fronts.

If you've got little ones running around, you've got a few years yet before they grow out of the illness of the month club.

14. sirchet

I feel for ya Ted, I'm married to a teacher and there always seems to be enough sick kids for her to bring some kind of cold home for me to enjoy. ;)

15. swanman999

swanman999 Member

I hope this finds you all well, hale and hardy during this holiday season. Any news on the Keep Updates?

Our Host!