Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

What is it? An epic struggle between good and evil centered around the Orb of Golden Death.

Author: Ranth

Support: Gaear

Featured in modpacks: 8.1.0 New Content Edition

New maps: 1 outdoor, 1 indoor

Quests: (5) 'Contact: Ariakas,' 'War of the Golden Skull: Defender,' 'War of the Golden Skull: Attacker,' 'Tools of the Trade,' 'Of Castles and Quarries'

New NPCs: Ariakas, Robin of Locksley, Friar Tack, Tiny John, Wakefield, Old Man, King Battlehammer, Fireforge

Designed for: a party of high level adventurers

Availability: the Verbobonc chapter of the game - after you've dealt with Zuggtmoy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  2. bigchris1234

bigchris1234 Member

I have a question about War of the Golden Skull and I hope that this the right place to post this.
    Being as how this was not put in 5.8, how would I go about playing War of the Golden Skull? I have played 5.7.2 and now I am in 5.8. I have never done any of the add ons.

Would I be able to play the other add-ons like Arena of Heroes and Verbonic with 5.8?
    (I see Welkwood Bog and Moathouse Respawn and Hickory Branch are in!)

I love what you guys at Co8 do here and I want to try all of the new content but I'm just not quite sure what the best way to go about it is or if this is even possible with 5.8.

Hopefully somebody here will clear this up for me.

Thanks!

3. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

War of the Golden Skull is an addon to 5.5. It is not in 5.7.2 or in 5.8. It may appear part of future official releases. I am not sure where exactly the addon is being hosted though, Gaear?

For future reference, you can see what is included in all modpacks here: http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7737

4. Gaear

5. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

We should probably note that a video of the mod, with spoilers, is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAAHcTtBDeY

For the 5.5.0 mod, the castle design did change, though it is in Hommlet. It may be moved in future mods.

Last edited: May 5, 2010
  6. emo_ome

emo_ome Butcher Of Hommlet

When can we guinea pigs can see WotGS..? ;)

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

No idea. I have no time to re-work it as I planned to make it better plot wise, and the original is buggy. There are also concerns that PC's should not rule Hommlet. If it were to be added, and re-worked, the castle is in Verb now so there wont be the option to build one in Hommlet anymore.

8. Illustair

Illustair First Order Wizard

I'm confused. Is WotGS available on 5.5 alone or on all Co8 NC?

9. Gaear

The original is only available as an add-on pack for 5.5.0.

10. Illustair

Oh, I see. That's what got me confused; others seem to have played it and yet on the description, it says it has not been implemented. I admit, I was hoping you'd say yes. I'm using 6.0 NC by the way, and it rocks; the way I see it, it has some very BG2 touch - which is hard thing to do so.

11. Illustair

That's a sad news to read. I'm still really hopeful that WoGS will find its way in the next Co8 update. One of the things that I looked forward to, one of the reasons why I re-bought another copy of ToEE and downloaded the Co8 mod. I'm currently having a blast with Co8 6.0NC - outstanding work and perhaps the best mod out of all the countless mods that I've played, but WoGS should have had been included to complete the package.

12. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

War of the Golden Skull sounds really sweet, I hope it can be finished and implemented into a Co8 Mod. I'd really like to add more stuff to ToEE, such a fun game. :)

13. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

After having played Toee for the, I don't know how many times, I had to take a break from it. Now I keep on buying game after game but can't play anything longer than a couple of hours. No matter if it's an older or new game. I really look forward to the war of the golden skull to be implemented into the game so I can play the game through once again with new pleasure.

14. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Me too. :yes:

15. Gaear

Newsflash: The Official Integrating Of The War of the Golden Skull Into The New Content Co8 Modpack has begun! :beer:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Our Host!