I am missing Plot quests

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by hmt321, Aug 12, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. hmt321

hmt321 Member

I have a Pally in the party. I have done the Hommet quests, and the Nulb quests (i did not kill the lady for the tavern owner) I have the Temple marked on my map, and i have begun to explore it (i am lvl 5)

My problems
    - I have no quest that leads me to the Temple (i have it marked though)
    - When i take quests from the Temple Factions it causes my Pally to Fall (costing me about 4000 GP)

My question is did i miss a quest from someone that is more Pally compliant?

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

I don't think there are any quests that directly call for the direct overthrow the Temple. It's more of a self-motivated calling to explore it and see what's happening, and then to take matters into your own hands.

Internally, most of the quests are there to deceptively play one Temple faction against the other, which I guess the designers thought wasn't very "Paladin-like" to engage in, so they made the pally fall if you do them. A party with a paladin mostly has to just valiantly hack your way through the bad guys until evil is vanquished.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Or cast a fifth level cleric spell of atonement to reinstate his paladin class.

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

I'm with marc1967 on this- when I make a LG party with a paladin they find out about the Temple thru the Hommlett and Nulb quests and then enter with swords held high, ready for a fight. Strangely enough, I tend to play my CE party the same way but for different motivations- for the LG guys its "We shall defeat evil!". For the CE guys its "You have what I want- so die!". Sometimes, it's hard to tell the difference...;)

Our Host!