Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

As the title states, a place to post the quirks and issues with the newest version of the modpack.

I'll start.

The spell Read Magic does not seem to work.
    I have had my cleric and wizard attempt this spell and the scroll stills is unidentified. The caster goes through the motions of casting the spell, but there is no spell effects when casting.
    I have also tried this with the Helm of Reading Magic with the exact same results.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

D'oh! It was a little experiment I had with RM that I forgot about.

Attached a hotfix for those interested, just put it in [ToEE]\data\scr folder.

As a little bonus, it will now also mass-identify all potions / scrolls when cast inside the Welcome Wench cellar!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Huh??? Then why is read magic working normally in my game? My front end says 8.0.0 but I do remember adding the patch. Am I patched to 8.0.1 or is it 8.1.0?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  4. Ank

Ank Established Member

'The spell Read Magic does not seem to work' - that's no bug its a feature :p
    Seriously speaking this actually helps taper off the insane amounts of cash one holds at just about any point in the game; its artificial... but at least in the early phase makes for a less armed&armored to the teeth party stomping fest...
    Hope this becomes one of those things that gets enabled/disabled via the TFE-X :transform

5. sirchet

I am talking about the latest version of the modpack that was released today which is 8.1.0. I believe you are using the 8.0.0 with the .01 patch.

Oh, and thanks for the quick response SA. :mrhappy:

6. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Just started a first game with NC8.1.0.
    In the starting shop map, went to rest to the dormitory and LO AND BEHOLD: in front of me, dumped on the floor, there's a pletora of masterwork weapons, magic weapons (radiant ones, trubadour ally, unholy ones, Iuz's sword!!! ). Huh???! Some bonus to win the game before even starting? hee hee hee :p

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Delightful. :roll: That was a testing measure for basically every weapon in the game, and they were deleted and used to be gone, but now they're there again. Oh well, enjoy or ignore at your discretion.

8. sirchet

Gah! I wish I wouldn't have read this ..... now the battle to play fair begins. :bored:

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re-download and reactivate the modpack if you want them to go away.

10. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Decided to ignore them ( my Wiz was dribbling over Cerulean Rod, it required a massive will save to leave it there ;) ) am well into the moathouse now. I was just worried if the weapons being there would lead to further problems in the game, but is not the case so far.

11. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

Perhaps this is intended, so this may be more of a question, but Traders Revealed seems to have changed. I talked to the spy at the castle construction site and intimidated him into revealing Rannos and Gremag. I tried to immediately confront the traders to blackmail them, and Gremag will no longer speak with me. I then successfully spoke with Rannos, but there is no option to confront them over their spy in the construction site. I did notice my logbook icon 'flashing' when I spoke to Rannos and Traders Revealed shows up as 'mentioned' (pink color I guess it is). I reloaded my save and tried again, and noticed that the only way I could get the quest to show up in the logbook was to talk to Rannos, but there seems no way to progress to 'blue'. As mentioned in the changes there were nuances added to the Lareth items scenario, perhaps this is how it's supposed to work now? Either way I just played on leaving Traders Revealed as simply mentioned for now.

I now have Traders Courier completed (green in the logbook obviously) as I successfully blackmailed the shortsword from Rannos, Agent Revealed in blue as I haven't told Burne and Rufus yet who the spy in the labor camp was, but Traders Revealed remains pink. Again, not sure this is a bug, perhaps it's indeed intended behaviour. I am able to talk to Rannos and barter, but I can't talk to Gremag at all.

As usual folks, great work on the update, I can't wait to play further as I've not had much chance of late to fire up TOEE.

g22

12. sirchet

Holy Smite effects good creatures too. I just recently had my cleric cast Holy Smite and my LG fighter had to save to take half damage.

I do understand that Holy Smite does half damage to neutral characters, (with a will save to half that again) but my LG fighter should not have been harmed.

Holy Smite should do 1d8 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 5d8) to each evil creature in the area (or 1d6 points of damage per caster level, maximum 10d6, to an evil outsider) and causes it to become blinded for 1 round. A successful Will saving throw reduces damage to half and negates the blinded effect.

The spell deals only half damage to creatures who are neither good nor evil, and they are not blinded. Such a creature can reduce that damage by half (down to one-quarter of the roll) with a successful Will save.

13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The Gremag silence thing is a bug, again one of my experimentations, sorry about that. Attached fix. Fortunately it's not critical as Rannos is functionally identical, and the rest of the scripting still works...

The rest of the behavior could be considered a bug, though it's not really new, just the way the dialogue is structured (uncovering the courier sends you into a dialogue node where they're nervous; the outcome of Traders Revealed is that they offer you a reward for keeping shut, so this requires a thorough overhaul).

Attached Files:

14. Salk

Salk Established Member

Sorry for the silly question but does it mean you guys have re-uploaded the 8.1.0 mod at ModDb? I am asking because the uploading date there is still the 15th of August.

By the way, congratulations for the release and thanks! :thumbsup:

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That's a yes, Salk :)

Our Host!