Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

So I can't start the game at all (8.1 with new content). I got a chaotic neutral party, and when I leave the shop to start an adventure, I have only blue circles instead of character models. They can move, but only outside combat. As soon as combat starts, my "circles" freeze, and that's it. They can't move, can't attack, can't cast spells, can't do anything.

Heh, the game is simply unplayable. I started Chaotic Good party, and it was a good start this time. But then I went to Moathhouse, and this no-models bug waited for me there. There were nor my party models, neither giant toads' ones. As far as I remember there wasn't such a problem when I played NC 7.9.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have had no problems with NC 8.1. Have you tried to reactivate it? When I have some problems, that seems to make it work.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you say you can't start it at all what do you mean, how far into the game do you get?

If you give us as much detail as you can we have a much better chance at helping you.

4. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Well, I think it's because of unsupported screen resolution. I used 1920x1080, and after I switched to 1680x1050, it's been ok so far.

5. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Bug with Wild Shape. When you polymorph, everything's ok. But as soon as you get in your first combat, your movement drops to 10, and then it keeps remaining this low. I mean no point to wildshape with such a low movement rate, and without wild shape druid isn't that cool.

6. sirchet

The movement speed drop on a Druid while wild shaped is a long standing hard coded issue.

I'm betting your Druid has a few items other than a ring, weapon and shield equipped when she wild shapes.

In TOEE wild shape allows you to benefit from a magic ring, shield or weapon as per what enhancement that item has, but if you have any other item equipped each one will cost you movement.

Example: a necklace turns your 30 foot movement to 20, add a belt and you're at 15, include boots and you're at 10 foot movement.

If you search the forum using the search feature above, (between New Posts and Quick Links) you'll find a thread or two discussing this in detail.

7. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Ah, thank you. Pity, but I can live with it. Btw is it possible to see somewhere what class abilities are implemented in NC on levels 10+?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  8. sirchet

Feats are hard coded and are very difficult to add or alter, usually requiring a dll hack.

There are quite a few spells and feats implemented for levels beyond the 10 that the game engine was originally designed to handle.

Again, I recommend using the search feature to locate the discussions on these additions.

9. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Great. Iuz owned my party, and the game's over. St. Cuthbert appeared but did nothing. Is it another bug?

10. sirchet

I usually try to stay just out of reach of Iuz until the big guy shows up and ... well he does stuff and says other stuff, but I don't want to spoil it for you. ;)

11. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Not sure about it being a bug but if you get really lucky you can kill Hendrack(?) before Iuz shows up, preventing Iuz from ever appearing in the fight. If not just have at least one party member retreat down the hall until Cuthbert shows up...

12. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

What luck? I try to have Hedrack die as quickly as possible before he can call Iuz. If that means two rounds, I do it. I have also run up 2 of my fighter types (Ranger with Scather and Paladin with a +3 holy axiomatic sword) to hack at him. I usually don't get Iuz. My wizards cast fireball and clerics do holy smite. Not a fair fight like that.

13. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Luck as far as initiative goes- sometimes the cannon fodder gets to get between you and Hedrack, and it's possible to still miss with an attack on him- and I never use Scather....

14. sirchet

A rogue with "crippling strike" that's had improved invisibility cast on her can take him down in just a couple shots and he'll never know what hit him. ;)

15. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Heh, another bug: I can't spot a single secret door. I mean, literally, no matter what is my party level and how good skills are. It wasn't a big problem - I could go through doors anyway. But with prince Thrommel it doesn't work. So what should I do now?

Search doesn't work as well. I've found a thread about the same problem, and coincidentally or not, it was about a party with paladin, the same as mine.

Oh, yeah, the game is over for me. It's a known bug, and to fix it you need to delete all saves. Fuck, I've just leveled up 2 different parties, and don't have any desire to make it the 3rd time. What a fucking disaster!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
Our Host!