Playing again after a loooong time.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Phenster, Aug 9, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Phenster

Phenster Member

So I just reinstalled from the CDs ToEE to play it again. Can anyone give me some advise on what patches to download and install also. Eventually I do want to also try the Keep of the Borderlands mod.

Thanks.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

3. Phenster

Phenster Member

Running into a problem with the Circle of Eight Modpack. After the download the icon for the download looks like a blank page and when clicked on it indicates that it is an :Invalid file extension." Help!

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

If the download worked you should have a file named:
    Circle_of_Eight_Modpack_8.1.0_New_Content_Edition_Setup.exe
    on your computer. That is if you wanted the New content.
    If not then delete the probably corrupted file, delete the browsercache (in case that your browser would not download the real file but think it already has it from the last download) and try to download it again.

Did you click on the "Current Modpack version: 8.1.0" banner at the top of this forum to download the file?

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Rename the file you downloaded to anything that doesn't include a 'dot' in the name. Your system is confused about extensions and doesn't know what to do with the file.

'Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0.exe' is thought to be a "1.0.exe" file, being as your system's interpreting the extension to be what comes after the first dot. (There's no such type of file obviously, but all systems know what do do with executable files - files with the extension '.exe')

Just renaming it to "whatever" and skipping the extension will resolve it.

Our Host!