Max HP/Level?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ki Rin, May 18, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

thats the thing, some people dont consider this cheating.
    Playing greater then life heroes involve them actually being greater then life!

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Its a personal choice.

I won't be using it either, but I am glad its there and I agree with what Drifter said elsewhere about giving people the freedom.

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Could you write a readme to go with the .exe? I want to put your max hp patch in the mod pack, but it would be nice to have a little bit of documentation (for people who don't visit this board). Cheers!

4. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Something I haven't thought of earlier, but maybe it would be worthwhile to add maxing HPs for all the other critters too?
    Seeing as some have labeled this patch as "cheat", well that would change the situation - if you run around maxed, so does everyone else.
    What do you guys think.

Leaving randomization, but changing it to some extent would be also easy to implement (like, for example, rolls no less than half of max (NWN style) - 1d10 would roll 5-10. Or narrow the range a bit, leaving same statistical average - 1d10 would roll 5-6 (or 4-7...) instead of 1-10). But since I can't imagine everyone reaching the consensus on this question, it ain't gonna happen.

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

My two cents: Add a "Max HP for critters" option. This will even out chances if you activate the max hp thingie for PCs, and it's also a way to make the game considerably harder if you're searching for an additional challenge.

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Perhaps several options could be added, allowing the player to choose? I'm no coder, and forget modding, but something like this:

Easy = PC max
    Normal = no change
    Difficult = both max
    Hard = monster max

Maybe someone who could mod this would be willing?

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I like Lord Spikes idea if it could be done.

8. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

Well, call it whatever you wish, but I made new version. Has a couple of new options - max for critters and show hp. So you can have any combo you like - only for party, only for others or both...
    Also "documentation" problem should be solved now, I can't imagine things being more understandable. Although some people are always full of surprises.

http://files.co8.org/patch/MaxHP_Setup.exe

9. Belgham

Belgham Member

Ya know Drifter, this will be great because this game is getting too easy and Liv 2.0 is, well, just a wait atm. Like when you have to wait for Star Wars 3 and such, sure would be great when it happens but a long wait nevertheless.
    Well, here I go with another game, a bit more challenging will be fun.

10. login00

login00 Member

It says "temple.dll size mismatch! retry" and "temple.dll not found! retry" when I try to install, what im missing?

11. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Temple.dll would be my first guess...

This thread is about 10 years old and any files downloaded from this thread will be outdated, and no longer supported.

I would recommend you follow the installation instructions with the newest mod pack to the letter, and enjoy all contained within :)

12. Dreamteam

Dreamteam Member

TFE-X > Options > Max hp per level.

Doesn't this work anymore? What do you need a patch for?

EDIT: Oh i see, it was a necro. nvm.

Our Host!