Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

Looks like you can't ever fire Zaxis if you give him Ima's note. There should be a note about this in the walkthrough thread.

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

I don't use Zaxis. I kill him for his armor and masterwork instrument.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It would seem that the Gnome Hook Hammer is a two handed weapon for a gnome even though the in-game help lists it as a one handed weapon. A short sword is a one handed weapon for a gnome but the hammer bearing its name, (which is smaller) is a two handed weapon.

The SRD states that it is a two handed weapon only when being wielded as a double weapon and the usual weapon penalties for dual wielding apply then.

The SRD also states when being wielded as a one handed weapon you must choose which end to use, (default to hammer unless tripping).

Is it possible to change this weapon to a one handed weapon. BTW Gnomes treat it as a martial weapon and not an exotic weapon.

4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

What weapon is a shovel classified as? I want to roleplay Shovel Knight and would like to have the weapon focus feats apply to a shovel, but shovel is not shown in the menu.

5. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Light Pick, 2-Handed, 1d8 damage, slashing, 20x3 critical range.

You can find all the relevant info on any weapon, including the proficiency, by using the in-game help. In this case: Help ---> Equipment ---> Weapons ---> Martial ---> Shovel

Interestingly, there are no actual Light Picks available in the game. Go figure... :scratchhe

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I could have sworn I made one, I even remember doing the inventory icon. How weird...

7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

You ARE my bugreporting twin form a parallel Universe! I reported that bug back in 2012 in the following link (it's the eighth paragraph from the bottom of my post) (but I didn't make the connection that Ima's note was responsible for it). I've updated the walkthrough thread with your findings. Thanks for your sleuthing. Keep them coming.

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=119602&postcount=49

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  8. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Am I correct on this? I am going through again to see the different things that can happen and I did the killing of Hedrack. I then went to Murraya and told her that he is dead. This time I didn't take the yes I killed him line and it looked like I could recruit her. I went back through the dialog since I had a full party and killed her. But is it true that you can recruit her? She isn't on the recruitable NPC's list in the walkthrough I have.

9. marc1967

It doesn't look like you can recruit Murraya. There are several options in the dialog where you can ask her after Head Rat dies, but she will never accept. Of course, once your bard gets Dominate Person, you can recruit anyone.:giggle:

10. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Just got done with the Balor fight at the end of the Fire Node. My NPC's (7 of them at level 10) got 2775 xps. Meleny (level 9) got 2531 xp. Shouldn't Meleny gotten more xp? This happened once earlier in the game when there was a bunch of xps to be given but I didn't believe it. Most of the other times Meleny gets the most xps because I have her make the magical items that most of my people use (belt's of strength, amulet of health, gloves of dexterity, etc) so she is usually 2 levels below the others until I get all of them made and then she catches up. After the fight, all the characters in my party were at level 10.

11. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I'm not sure it this is a bug or not: For the very first time I got the "Hextorites Revenge" encounter. After I talked to Dharlia in the jail in Verbobonc she told me about the coming revenge where you meet four high Hextorites. I tried this encounter a couple of times but every time they got better initiative, poisend me, which kind of knocked me out, robbed me of some of my equipment and left me to fight about five beholders (called differently) some gars and others. I tried to prepare by casting heroes feast on all of my group members before travel. This spell lasts 12 hours and grants upon other things immunity to poison but to no avail. I always get poisend get unconscious and so on. Is this encounter scripted so It doesn't matter what I do or is it a bug that heroes feast although stlill in effect does not have any effect here?

12. marc1967

Oleg, see the discussion on this encounter here.

13. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Thanks a lot. Didn't find it because I was searching for Hextorites and not for Scarlert Brotherhood

14. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

I have encountered a weird problem, a bug possibly. After Gremlich random encounter on the world map I always end (in any town) with a jerkstop and game crashes to a desktop.

EDIT: I found out that situation mentioned above, always had place when all game sounds were muted.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  15. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Questions about Monks:

First, I read in the in-game help that many of the high level monk class abilities (stuff generally around level 15 and up) are not implemented in TOEE. Is this true? Do monks have access to stuff like perfect self and quivering palm? Otherwise, I might as well not use a monk, because those are some of the strongest abilities they have access to.

Second, if I give a monk a level in druid to allow wildform, and have him use the ring to change into a hill giant, will he keep his monk abilities to fight as an unarmed monk in combat while a hill giant? This is pretty important too, because I'd love to keep the ability to fight with the extra strength and constitution that the giant form brings.

Our Host!