Can't add Corporal Holly to a party.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by EyesOfAsia, Jun 7, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. EyesOfAsia

EyesOfAsia Member

Can't add Corporal Holly to a party. I have met all the requirements (quest 'Under Attack From Underground' accepted, killed 1st group of Drows, high Diplomacy skill [+20]).
    I talked with Captain Absalom but I didn't get any new dialogue options.
    My party alignment is Chaotic Neutral.
    I tried to talk with Captain Absalom using 2 different PCs, one with Chaotic Neutral alignment, another one with Chaotic Good and still no results.

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

You have to get the dialog option from Captain Absolom that says "What would you say if I told you I'd seen the drow myself?". From there, he takes it more seriously and he offers to send Holly along.

Now, the question is how exactly do you get that option. I assume you can get it if you actually see the drow, but I've always gotten it by just talking to Prince Zook first and then returning to Absolom and bluffing your way through (even though it's the Diplomacy skill that is checked, and not Bluff).

Note that once you end dialog with Absolom, and you have not made that choice, you can't reopen and continue with the same dialog chain. So once you miss it, it's gone. This is different from the original game where you could generally re-initiate the same dialog over and over again in case you missed it the first time. While the one-and-out style is more realistic, I find it less user friendly to space-outs like me that need a few trys to get it right.

Our Host!