wrong spells being cast

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ihateregistering, Jul 4, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. ihateregistering

ihateregistering Member

Hiyas,

Well, each playthrough I seem to encounter something new in ways of bugs. This time around I actually bothered doing the Tripple cross quest in Nulb. Result is that Earth temple doesn't go hostile even though I go through entire level swords blazing, leave Romag's room last and exit and renter level before confronting his group, apparently he wants to work with me too much, that's all fine and good but problems start when I descend to level 2. None of the remaining temples is hostile which is nice refreshment since until this this play-through every time I got there their forces were cramped in 3 rooms, but my characters cast wrong spells! when I wanted to cast converted remove blindness/deafness, the cleric cast resist energy instead, which he doesn't even have memorized and this happened repeatedly with different spells being cast each time seemingly chosen at random. Usually I needed 2-3 attempts to cast what I wanted. It was really like using wand of wonders in BG. And on top of it, the spell did NOT get consumed by these "mis-castings". Has this happen to anyone else?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2014
  2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

It happens to me periodically when I fail to give the NPCs enough time to reset thier buff spells after a reload. As far as I can tell, the game engine has their spells queued up and you get whatever is on top of the queue when you try to cast a spell or use a potion. Waiting for them to cast their spells, or saving further away from them should avoid this.

3. chano

chano Established Member

I always thought that it was intended due to some higher magic.
    But most likely it is some kind of bug that can't be fixed.

Our Host!