When using Extraplanar chest and returning it to Ethereal plane throne of gems appear

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sir_Cala, May 17, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sir_Cala

Sir_Cala Member

in its place.

so far I have 5 of them outside Brother Symthes Black smith shop.

bug? or something more sinister....

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Re: When using Extraplanar chest and returning it to Ethereal plane throne of gems ap

It is not advised to store magical and or special items in the chest.

There is a note that comes in the chest the first time you summon it, it might be a good idea to give it a quick look over. ;)

3. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

Re: When using Extraplanar chest and returning it to Ethereal plane throne of gems ap

>so far I have 5 of them outside Brother Symthes Black smith shop.

When I ran into this problem I used the opportunity to set up some gem encrust lawn chairs out in front of the Welcome Wench.

Never pass on a good thing - just say'n...

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

5. Sir_Cala

Sir_Cala Member

okay so my work around this bug is to take everything of the chest including the gem hoard.

The chest disappears and then I sold the one in my inventory to Brother Symthe.

Then I cast a new one. Problem solved.

6. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

Extraplanar Chest - Buggy Issue.
    I Re-installed ToEE 8.0.0 and then installed 8.0.1 patch.
    Started new game - LE Party.
    I found a freebie extraplanar chest at Moathouse. That chest worked.
    When I found the extra two scrolls of Extraplanar Chests in Lareth's location. I cast identify to ID the scrolls, I had my Rogue to use the scroll to generate another chest, it stated Zooey attempts Use Magic Device - Success! But NO chest appears! I gave the other scroll to my Fighter, Maisie Balis attempts Use Magic Device - Success! But NO chest appears!! Question 1: Is there a limit on the number of extraplanar chests allowed in the 8.0.1 No Content Patch or any of the previous releases? Question 2: Was there a recent change or update to the files in last 2 months. I played it, 3 months ago with no issues, then I went on to play KoTB 1.0.0.
    OR
    Do I need to start the game all over again?? Thanks. BTW KoTB 1.0.0 is a great entry level game to play.

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

If you didn't have at least 5,000 gp on you when you read each scroll, the spell didn't work. Also, don't have a character with an Extraplanar Chest in inventory read the scroll. Move the existing chest to someone else first.

8. Kapacha2089

Kapacha2089 Member

Thanks Daryk for the tips.

9. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

No problem! If those don't work, let us know, because that would mean something else is going on.

Our Host!