Character Creation Screen--Circle of Eight Bug?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Haints, Jul 17, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Haints

Haints Member

First, I love this game and the Circle of Eight Mod.

I have, however, run into a bug I can't find mentioned anywhere. With Circle of Eight installed, when I go to create a new character, the labels for the stats on the right side of the screen are all missing. They are just gray boxes for "Strength," "Intelligence," etc.

I know this is an issue with Circle of Eight because I reinstalled the game without it and the issue went away ...

Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm using the 8.1 patch and everything else seems fine ...

2. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

I think I've experienced this too, I'm not sure why it's like that. But you'll see them at the bottom left of the roll screen to guide you.

Char Roll.jpg

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

[begin rant] This issue has been discussed many many times. At the very top of every page, (near to your name) there is a search feature that when used will take you directly to previous threads that could very well have covered what you are asking about at that time.

The search feature of this forum is there to save folks the trouble of waiting for a response when one has been given, (usually more than once) and can save the forum from the unwanted clutter of duplicate threads asking the same questions.

Just for giggles go ahead and search the site for this topic and you'll see the numerous times it has been brought up and answered. [/end rant]

Ahhhh, I feel better now. :)

The missing abbreviations for the stats could not be made to fit properly in the new GUI that 8.0.0 uses.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Was this rant directed in any way at me answering the question? If so let me know, as I would like to kindly respond.

5. sirchet

No marc, my rant was just that a rant ...

I see no harm and only goodwill in your answer to the question posed.

6. Haints

Haints Member

Well, in my defense, if you google, say "circle of eight mod" and "character creation bug," you don't get much of anything helpful back, as I found out before coming here.

As opposed to, say, googling "circle of eight mod" and "magic missile bug" which gave me a link right to these forums where I found the solution ...

But it's true, I did not search on these forums DIRECTLY before posting my question, so sorry about that.

At least I didn't post asking about the magic missile bug ... in the thread I found that gave me the solution, a CO8 team member got equally irate at the poor sap who made the mistake about asking about it before searching ...

7. sirchet

To be clear;

We welcome everyone to come here and share their thoughts and questions, this really is a place for folks who enjoy a lot of the same past times to socialize and such.

Using the search feature offered by the site is of great benefit to both the site and the user, but it is not required as shown by my answering the question after I finished ranting and raving.

I would like to say that my rant was not directed toward any one poster, but more as a reflection of my personal feeling towards answering the same questions over and over again.

Please don't let me throw you off, or dissuade you from posting your questions or concerns here, for we do really care if you are able to enjoy the mods and hope to help any find solutions to issues in the mods.

8. Haints

Haints Member

You did not dissuade me from posting my questions, sirchet, not at all. As you see I posted another almost immediately after. I appreciate the work you and all who are involved with this forum and Circle of Eight do.

Our Host!