Funny stuff in the opening vignettes

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by vendur, Jul 13, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. vendur

vendur Member

Druids of the "gnarly woods" Did gygax seriously come up with that? Are they smokers of bodacious pipeweed, too? Now that I think about it, that usage probably postdates TOEE. Someone reading that feels really old, I bet. Hah.

Or how about:
    "well, they stole our goods and kidnapped our women and children while a few stayed behind to slaughter us men when you came and saved us"

PC response, while standing ankle deep in dead bodies: " Well, your goods were stolen but you seem to be alright. Lemons, lemonade, and all that stuff, good chap. Cheerio, lemonade i do say!" Then the narrator mentions you going to town to report the stolen goods but nothing about the women and children being kidnapped.

Was almost like a Monty python skit or something.

Has the Co8 mod changed any of the main dialogue significantly in any of the different "party alighnment" paths?

2. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Which vignette is that from? Lawful Good? I don't recall that dialog line, or perhaps you are just joking around.

3. vendur

vendur Member

It's lawful good. I used a little of my own embelishment to it, but that's really what it felt like.

brave brave sir lawful good paladin bravely ran away, instead of saving the women and children he had to bravely run away

4. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

As it happens . . . I have just rolled up a group of 5 Paladins, for my first Lawful Good group, and yes, I found the opening vignette a tad off-center -- what about those women and children? Oh, I know Valden will cry about his Paida -- but what about all the rest? Wait, nevermind, let's loot these bodies first, but leave the coins for the survivors . . .

Anyway, I'm interested to see how this all-Paladin group plays out. I've already taken an all-Druid group through, and that was immense fun!

5. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I played LG on my first playthrough years ago during 5.0.5 Desperate Housewives. I didn't realize how much dialog is unavailable until I played a different alignment.

6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

We did add the [loot] options, but otherwise it's untouched vanilla ToEE :)

7. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

I guess we can figure that some of the other prisoners in the Temple are from this caravan -- specifically the merchant & his wife, and the two women in the cell next to the Orcs, and the bunch with Wicked. It'd be an easy insert to the dlg files to make that happen.

Our Host!