Trouble activating co8 8.0

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by xiandemize, Jul 6, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. xiandemize

xiandemize Member

Hello I am new to the forum so I mean no disrespect if this is in the wrong section

I have gog version fully patched temple of elemental evil
    I have downloaded co8 newest version
    I have updated my java to 7

I am pc literate and I can follow the directions but when I get to the activating ive read that it will freeze up a bit and not to cntrl alt del and wait

but it basically goes through the music fine and videos but when it gets to the actual content the little green bar goes for a few moments and then just stops. I tried to give it time a couple hours and come back and my desktop is pure black with just a mouse cursor, even gave that another hour and nothing

I have tried this about 8 times now and everytime I try to activate it just freezes up on me

some help would be nice, should I download an older version of co8?

this is the first time ive ever installed this game or tried to mod it so it was a fresh install

thanks a lot guys

2. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

I have a suggestion from my own troubles that sound similar to what you;re experiencing - make sure you have Java 7 (i.e. 1.7), and clean up your previous Java installs. Uninstall TOEE & C08 completely (clean the registry with a cleaning program, the uninstall leaves a lot of entries behind), then reinstall.

My problems -- hanging on install with a black screen -- were Java related.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Can you get TOEE to run vanilla style, (without the front end loader)?

Our Host!