This game is awesome

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by iueamin, Apr 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. iueamin

iueamin Member

I just beat the game and I have to say it has the best combat system in an RPG that I have ever played. I rolled a true neutral party consisting of:

-A repeating crossbow wielding half-elf Bard
    -A dwarven axe wielding dwarf Fighter
    -A heavy mace wielding human Cleric
    -A dagger wielding/slingshot shooting halfing Rogue
    -A light crossbow wielding elf Wizard

I was planning on starting Blackguards next, but I think I will just roll a new party. This time I plan on forming a chaotic neutral party leaning towards evil. I might choose the following party but I would appreciate some advice on it.

-A fisticuffs wielding human Monk
    -A spiked chain wielding half-orc Barbarian
    -A (reach weapon) wielding human Fighter
    -A (? ) wielding elf Druid
    -A light crossbow wielding human Sorcerer

So, for the human Fighter I am unsure which of the reach weapons I should go for. They don't seem to have any real differences, outside of the spiked chain. I am also confused as to which weapon the druid should go with when he's not in animal form, because I am not sure of the metal weapon limitations they have in this game. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. nyarlathotep

nyarlathotep Merry Murder Maniac

As long as you give your druid a martial weapon feat, he can use almost anything as a weapon. Otherwise it's just the simple weapon stuff, plus scimitars.
    The real limitation in view of all things metal is his armour.

3. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

To accomodate a monk you'll need your party alignment to be non-chaotic. Still, apart from your opening vignette it makes little difference: LN monk and CN or NE others in a 'TN' party would do it for you.

4. son_of_liberty

son_of_liberty Member

If your druid is an elf, let him use a longsword and longbow. Elves get that free.

5. tomthefighter

tomthefighter Errr......

I prefer glaives as polearm, Although I hear that taking a ranseur might be advantageous later in the game...

Our Host!