New Content conversations

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by green slime, Apr 19, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. green slime

green slime Member

Hi All. I've played through vanilla before, but this is the first time I've reached Verbobonc at all.

I've not been playing long there, but I've already found a few minor issues in the dialogues.

Dialogues which don't allow you to revisit and persue further information (I selected "Where is Prince Zook?" and so couldn't ask why he believed the gnomes re: Drow in the tunnels). Dialogues which assume you've already received other information you haven't. Notices from the signposts which are never received, because the inventories of the PC's were full.

I'm sort of assuming these are known issues. Entirely avoidable if you know of them, but sort of irritating when you run into a whole chain of them for the first time, while exploring around Verbobonc and reorganising / transporting loot from Nulb to the Castle. Especially considering it's all happening while trying acclimatise oneself to the new surroundings, and haven't been quite so diligent as one ought to with regards to saves.

And there really ought to be a red spot on the world map on the arrow, rather than just the text "Passage to Verbobonc". Never previously used the text list.

Our Host!