IronMan #2 attempt...

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sanctuary, Apr 1, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I hear the Scotts don't mind plaid too much. ;)

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

"This..IS..TARTAN!"

3. Sanctuary

Sanctuary Constitutionalist!

All done.

My Iron Man #2 run went perfectly with no bugs preventing me from killing the 4 Iuz Avatar's. I attempted to take screenshots but I can't find them anywhere. Even a computer search yielded nothing. Do you have to set up a key for this in advance? All along I just assumed that "Print Screen" would be it.

Anyway, the Band merrily chopped up all foes and completed the game and all quests except a few minor ones such as with Wilfrick's daughter and a couple of Darlia's.

The Band did Hickory branch in two stages. First the outer and then the inner room after a rest. I mainly backed off because both my Extraplanar chests were full with loot...lol.

Highlights: My little ripper rogue with her twin Cleavers had some single hits in the 90's. Often the enlarged Tank would run up into the middle of a group & before he even got to make a full round attack, enemies were triggering his AoO and he was of cutting enemies up like butter. Using his combat expertise at full -5 and fighting defensively, I saw his AC being around 45'ish. Having most of my group with Use Magic Device skills around +20 allowed mulitiple players to use the wands & scrolls of Heal, Improved Inviso, Enlarge, Mirror Image, and protection from evil. Each also usually had a handy pouch of Dust of Invisibility...just in case. The healer using a ranged weapon while invisible and taking 5 steps or recloaking after a move...allowed me to easily keep all members up if needed. Combine this with the Periapt of Woud Closure and there was little risk of anyone dying. A Heal spell often brought them back completely healed since it's doubled while wearing that necklace. The Robin of Locksley fight was super easy since Robin never even fired a shot. The tank ran up into the middle of them, right next to Robin so his AoO's just destroyed them. An invisible, enlarged, spiked chain wielding Bard/Fighter/Barbarian/Rogue was also instrumental in adding AoO's to bring down enemies so fast...along with the ripper doing the same but without the reach. The Drizzt & Battlehammer fight also collapsed quickly under the weight of The Band's heroics.

The fight with the 4 Iuz's lasted about 2 hours almost as it was late & I was falling asleep in my chair last night. But...since I did this in normal mode first, I knew the "technique" of bringing in many, many summoned creatures to keep the attention of the other 3 avatars as my Tank (Callish) kept pounding on the one targeted. All 5 of my main characters were using the Dust & improved inviso...this made the avatars mostly target the visible summoned creatures. The longest part of the fight was taking down the first avatar but after that...they toppled like dominoes.

Each of the 5 members of the party leveled up after the fight with Iuz's 4 avatars but The Band went into it with their levels being: Leader Lv16 (Wizard13,Rogue2,Fighter1), Healer Lv16 (Cleric14,Rogue2), Tank Lv19 (Fighter15, Barb2, Rogue2), Ripper 17 (Rogue7, Fighter8, Barb2) and then there is Zaxis Lv17 (Bard5, Barbarian2, Fighter8, Rogue2).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips for programmers: The junction from old game to your new content after killing Zug needs work. Being torn out of the dungeon without being able to loot is burdensome for having to come back. Not to mention it's just a jerky way to begin the New Content.

If you can implement the rules correctly for reach weapons...that would help prevent abuse which destroys the integrity of this body of work. It's an exploit that needs to be amended. Also, fix the buckler rule as you still can use it but don't get the 2 handed bonus however, you still get the penalty of having it on your off hand. I still used the buckler anyway for the AC bonus. Implement the new feats that allow you to retain the bucklers AC even when used 2 handed. Hey...it takes a feat slot!

Give us Prestige classes! I believe you can do this...

Consider the feat: Augment Healing as this will just give players a better chance to survive and have fun. It's a great feat to include if you can that your players will love.

I hope you all enjoyed my posts. This will be the end of it for me.

I wish you all...luck in gaming.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you're hitting printscreen in game, that should store a .tga of the screen in your ToEE/modules folder. You can capture multiple images; they'll all just be named successively.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

With Win7 I've been using print screen and then alt-tabbing out and opening paint, then doing a ctrl-v to paste the picture to a new paint project.

6. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

It's too bad you'll be taking your Band On The Run- so to speak...:)

Our Host!