How do I delete an object from my inventory

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Bibbles, May 5, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

If you've got the PC/NPC ration set to 7-1, then positiion number 6 is not an NPC position.

2. Philip

Philip Gruff Warrior

Tell me then, why do Party members beyond the initial 5 act like NPCs?

Specifically, they can't initiate dialog.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's never been the case as far as I've ever heard over the years. I just tested one with a 6-2 party and it worked fine. :shrug:

As far as Ted's fix goes, I may try to tune it up and give the routine to Jaroo instead so he can be your one stop shop for all things permanency.

4. Mouldyrye

Mouldyrye Member

I had this problem come up and it's on 3 of my PC's.
    SPOILERS POSSIBLE BELOW!

SPOILERS: I'm pretty sure it happened when I summoned a Hezrou with the elemental gem. I think my characters were caught in the area of effect of the Hezrou and that is how I got them. I don't think I looted them off the bodies of the enemies I fought. I've used the Hezrou twice (EZ-Mode, I know.) and It didn't happen the first time. At least I can reload this last fight without losing too much progress.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  5. JamesTheScot

JamesTheScot Member

I don't know if this will help but when I used the skull to summon the weaker 3 demons in my battle with the Balor(?) in the fire node, each summoned demon was eventually killed and left behind the same gem as it did in it's own node. So I ended up with the skull w/ all 4 gems implanted and then an extra of the air, earth and water gems.

I thought it was a neat exploit that would let me destroy the skull but still keep the gems' powers. But the extra gems kept disappearing. I finally figured out that whenever the skull and one of the extra gems were in the same inventory, the skull also absorbed the extra gem just like it had the original.

All that to say that if the spell object is a demon's gem, maybe if you put the skull into the inventory of the afflicted PC, the skull will absorb the spell object and it will disappear from your inventory.

6. edmortimer

edmortimer Occupy Wall Street

The cowherd fix did the trick for me, but only after I moved the spell object to the first (top left) slot in the inventory. I had one character afflicted after battling the Hezrou Guardian. Jaroo couldn't fix it (but I didn't try with the spell object in the first slot), so i tried the cowherd fix. Thank you!!!

7. WickedPrince

WickedPrince Member

Will any of this work on the magic tattoos? I have a character with the lesser one and the greater one, don't want the extra stuck in inventory forever.

Our Host!