Cure of Amii help

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by younes, May 28, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. younes

younes Member

Hi,
    I cannot find the swamp lotus to cure Amii. I've looked thoroughly in the swampy areas of the game (Moathouse and Nulb) but I just cannot find it!. And after a while I entered Hommlet, and the logbook declared the Amii quest to be botched! Is there a timer on the quest?

Please help.
    -Younes

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Yes, there is a timer on the quest. And no, you will not always find it - it is random map dependent. It is intended to be that way.

3. Fernando

Fernando Established Member

Here's a link that will be useful, I believe.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  4. younes

younes Member

Damn,
    I must have missed it then. I already had 2 random encounters in a yellowish murky swamp. But I'm pretty sure I checked the bodies, and I always use the TAB to reveal clickable scenery elements...
    Well, maybe next time around!
    Thanks

5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

hint - Next time, search the game maps more closely. And remember, like I said before, it will not always be generated.

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  6. joshychrist

joshychrist Member

well i have the swamp lotus myself and it isnt botched in my quest log

yet i cannot figure out what to do next

ive talked to jaroo and he gives no hints, ive went to the house where i got the quest and i just cannot seem to figure out what to do to complete it

7. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Give the swamp lotus to the person doing the talking.

8. Thurstrum

Thurstrum Member

It makes no sense that Amii can't be cured with some combination of remove disease, neutralize poison or heal, which Jaroo could whip up whenever he wants. Dumb quest imo.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

That is why Amii quest has been removed iirc...

10. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, it hasn't been removed. Jaroo explains quite clearly:

Hence, he's trying to do precisely what you're suggesting he should be able to do - cure her by acquiring the necessary means.

Why do you believe that Jaroo's Druid skills, within the confines of a 'combination' of remove disease, neutralize poison or heal, would be sufficient to cure all possible illnesses? Does it state that in the SRD or the module somewhere?

11. Thurstrum

Thurstrum Member

The in game spell descriptions for remove disease and neutralize poison do include a clause that some special exceptions may exist but heal doesn't and I really don't think it makes any sense for her to be immune to the heal spell just because you really want another fetch quest in the game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that this was part of why the quest wasn't implemented in the first place.

Also, the in game description for neutralize poison claims that it protects from future poisoning for some undisclosed duration. This is either bugged or unimplemented as the hag poisoned my immunized barbarian without any trouble.

12. Gaear

That's Co8 material, not deactivated vanilla. Livonya was the author.

Does the Heal spell really claim to be able to cure absolutely any ailment? I hope not ... that would be rather foolish if it did, imo.

The larger question here of course is are authors of new content entitled to use creative license to further a story/quest/adventure. I think they are, as long as they're not introducing space ships or other silliness like that. The notion that an unusual illness exists that can't be cured by a heal spell doesn't seem too outlandish to me.

13. MonkeyLancer

MonkeyLancer Member

I agree completely I think it makes for a far more interesting world if there are some things beyond the reach of magic.

Although a bit off topic, I've wondered how incredible the sensation it would be to be instantly healed upon drinking a healing potion, especially if badly injured. So I imagine if like any "feel good" drug they would be addictive and hence people would drink them even if they didn't need it.

14. Thurstrum

Thurstrum Member

Well, heal is a powerful spell granted by gods to their faithful in order to heal people. Why would there be holes in it, especially for illnesses picked up by peasant villagers in day to day living?

Anyway, it wasn't my intention to be rubbishing the people putting time in to mod the game, I was just offering what I thought was constructive criticism.

15. Gaear

So that we can have a new quest that's something other than standard fedex fare. ;)

No worries, but we can debate these criticisms in kind, right?

Our Host!