Dominate Person

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nitewolf, May 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

OMG! What a great spell! I Dominated Shenshock, now he's totally my buddy!
    I felt it was time to 'retire' him, so I attacked him...He took it like a npc would! After my attack from 1 PC, it went out of combat! So cool...

Now I want to try the game with just a wizard, get him to 9th level, and 'charm' me a party...

2. Yavathol

Yavathol Member

Let us know how you get on...I was thinking of trying something similar, but I used a bard and suggestion apparently doesn't work the same way. If you have a druid in the party too, you can use dominate animal - the behemoth frog is pretty kick-ass, but it is a bit of a pain that he is so large. Works well for creating choke-points in corridors, not so good for fighting in confined spaces like the moathouse or traders.

I'd be especially interested to know if you manage to dominate IUZ, or which other NPCs you had fun with.

All these suggestions are, however, terribly unbalancing and should not be done for a 'serious' game ;)

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Why not? If I could have a demi-god in my party I would, but his saves must me incredible anyway, you'd need the feats spell penetration, greater spell penetration, and probably spell focus (enchantment) and greater spell focus (enchantment) for good measure.

4. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

Suggestion can be used to get permanent pc's, kill them while they are in your party, when you resurrect them they will have joined your team for good.

You can kill party members easily by selecting them, and typing "die" into the console window.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

"I say Mordenkainen, what is yonder black obelisk that hangeth in the sky, bearing strange runes...?"

"Ye God's, Nystul, tis the console window! RUN!!!"

6. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

No, Mordenkainen, our actions matter not. Flight is futile. The true God has taken notice of us. Its will will be done despite our petty mortal actions. Stand, stand and accept the inescapable fate that has been dealt you.

Darmagon

7. nitewolf

nitewolf Packleader

Screw you Nystul, I'm running!!!

8. Lava

Lava Established Member

If it were my campaign, I probably wouldn't have gods being carted around as pets by mortal mages. I don't give a poot that he rolled a bad save... gods shouldn't be pets to a very lucky 9th level mortal mage. ;) Frankly I'd be surprised if he didn't have a bunch of immunities, but maybe being a demi-god just sucks comparatively. ;)

9. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

Holy Necro, this threads been dead longer than my youngest son has been alive

On Topic:

If you look at Deities and Demigods, I'm fairly certain that anything with Divine Rank is immune to Enchantment/Charm spells

I may be wrong, but either way, immune or not, he could probably skate past a 9th level wizard on Save Bonus alone....

10. Tathum

Tathum Member

God bless Necroposting.

A Chaotic Neutral party with a Mage and Rogue are born! List your party wish-list here!

Let's see:

That Female Bugbear that claims she crushes people with her thighs in Hickory Branch.
    Lareth the (oh, so) Beautiful
    A Kobold for good measure ... I just wanna see if he can get Barbarian levels!

11. Vintrastorm

Vintrastorm Member

Amen!

Umh... Exactly HOW do they join your party? I can see that you get them as a party member that is clickable, but not inventory, that seems kind of strange for a dominate/CLUA Console - Die commando type of thing...

12. TheLadiesOgre

TheLadiesOgre Member

IDK, I think that I'd take Oolhgrist (sp?) and the 4 Elemental Clerics of the ToEE

Once I had all of them, I'd farm the ToEE for Hill Giants until I could get my wizard high enough to cast Dominate Monster, then sacrifice the Elemental Clerics for the Node Demons

After that, Zuggy would die and Verbobonc would burn.....

:pelvicthr

take it humanity, take it and LOVE it!!!

lol

13. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

You can get the fair and square by dominating them. They then become NPCs in the party just like any other, i.e. Elmo or Furnock. Most monsters don't have any character levels, so when they get 1000 XP, they go up a level. I dominated one of the jackals in the werewolf den and took him up to 4th level sorcerer! He never could cast any spells though. When he finally made his save (probably due to the sor levels), I killed him and got the XP for fighting a 4th level character!

14. Lord_Zoso

Lord_Zoso Member

Dominate Person is incredible. It also works on the Slavers. I brought Kenan-Be'thuel back to Verbobonc: Wilfrick did not mind at all and rewarded us for our services. Pity there was no reward for live captives.

Reloaded and after much trouble, Dominated Tarah-ka-Turah (had her mindfogged first). So indeed no man could possess her evil beauty, no wealth could win her, just a Bard. Musicians get all the perks. Alas, you cannot turn in the quest unless she is DEAD!

15. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

I would like to dig up this post to ask you guys what you think are the best creatures to dominate in the game? I exclude the "Dominate Monster" spell as these NPCs complicate transactions in the cities with merchants.

I have a preference to dominate characters with no levels in classes in order to choose everything when they level up. These also have some "free" skill points, feats and hp from lvl 0.

I have three favorites so far:

1. Bugbears
    +2 base attack, +3 natural armor, feats with weapon specialization, good starting hp, good strengh and dexterity.

2. Lizard Man
    +1 base attack, +5 natural armor, some starting hp, non-evil characters (perfect for using Holy Weapons). They have however very middle stats.

3. Greater Temple Guards
    Human fighter lvl 1. They have okay Strenght and Dexterity stats and interesting Feats (power attack, cleave, weapon specialization). As they are human, i give it one barbarian level (just for rage and increased movement) and one rogue level (for thumble skill and sneak attack). They then keep on evolving in fighter levels.

Our Host!