Weight allowance, sex and height

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pblack476, Sep 19, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. pblack476

pblack476 Established Member

So, I discovered by accident that height and sex influence how much your character can carry and would like to start this thread to discuss it.

My testing shows that it can be a quite brutal difference.

A male halfling with the maximum starting STR of 16 and maximum height of 3'4'' can carry 34s (I'll call them stones... like in ADOM)

The shortest male can carry 32s.

A female halfling with the same STR and height can carry 29s.

The shortest female with the same STR can carry 27s.

So, 7s of difference in halflings. That is QUITE significant when your best light armor early game weights 25s.

Now, to the other extreme.

A male Half-Orc with 20STR and maximum height can carry 298s (!!)s

The shortest male can carry 154s.

The tallest female can carry 254s

The shortest female can carry 118s.

A whopping 170s difference between the extremes. But in the half-orc case, not really a big deal since 118s is plenty to use any equipment you want and still be able to carry loot.

Every other race falls somewhere between those two extreme cases.

I think that like I, a lot of people do not realize this. Maybe this knowledge is only really useful for halflings and gnomes. But I think for any low STR character it is something to be considered. It seems that there is no reason to go for short/female chars unless for RP purposes and possibly some quest related stuff for females.

2. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Hmm... maybe it's because most of my characters are elves, but both males and females with 18S can carry 100 pounds as a light load. 101 kicks them into medium encumbrance.

3. Selufein

Selufein Elf Berserker

Wow didn't know that... I also feel that smaller characters move slowlier out of combat (even having the same movement speed in combat).
    So what's the point in creating a smaller or female characters? (appart for fanciness)

4. short

short Member

Hehe, you're confusing the character's body weight with how much he/she can carry.

5. pblack476

pblack476 Established Member

Exactly!!

I noticed that some days ago but i was away from my internet connection so i couldn't rectify that. Yes, i confused the WT box in char creation with weight allowance.

DISREGARD THIS THREAD!!!!! Sry

Our Host!